Subject: A bad beginning but we'll see what happens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
Bring on the hordes, we have the sword that smote the Goblin of Gygaxnor.
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
hey,
Well we just started off our newbie friendly PBEM game, and I'm playing the Protestants. This is my second attempt at both, first game fell apart midway through, so I'm hoping this will go the distance.

But the 95 Theses went off in a fizzle, I only managed one conversion and that was in Breslau. I'm afraid the world will be a catholic one, but I'm going to try as to get the word out and maybe make some friends in jolly old England (Sick of the wife? Get a new one! Fine by me!) or with the Ottomans.

I'll post a few things here as we go, like the last time. Things I've learned, progress and whatnot.

Wish me luck, I'll need it!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dontcha worry too much about it. Even ending the second or third round with just a hand full of spaces (or even none) can still mean you win the game. Most extreme case I have seen so far was: No Spaces at the end of round 2 ending in a victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 32 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
ca_squires wrote:

But the 95 Theses went off in a fizzle, I only managed one conversion and that was in Breslau.
Chris

Wow, that's bad. But something similar happened to me yesterday. The Theses allowed me to convert 2 spaces (In addition to Wittenberg) so I decided to commit 3 CP to the Diet (Total : 7 dice). As expected, the Haps and the Pope didn't care much about it (2 CPs + 2 CPs = 4 dice). They rolled 4 hits and I rolled... 1.

I finished the game at 26 VPs on Turn 6, losing on the tie-breaker to the Ottomans. Key negotiation was to convince the Haps to play Printing Press on Turn 2 in exchange for War in Persia. That turn, I had Erasmus and A Mighty Fortress (Claimed using my Home Card) in my hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.