• [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it plays well solitaire. There are rules for fog of war where the turn may suddenly end after each side has done 3 activations which is probably a good idea for solo games.

See: http://www.avalanchepress.com/SolitaireGaming.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Kidwell
United States
St. Louis area
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Guadalcanal solo before and it worked well. The bigest problem I had was keeping my five year old out of the counters on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Petters
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't the Guadalcanal scenarios have a lot of hidden units? That would make soloing it more difficult. The link posted doesn't address hidden units...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Kidwell
United States
St. Louis area
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There more without hidden units than have them, in my quick look through the senario book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
COKII wrote:
There more without hidden units than have them, in my quick look through the senario book.

There are 24 scenarios in Guadalcanal, 19 of which provide for hidden units.

But you don't need to use that rule. There are also ways to "hide" from yourself.

This is how I prefer to play hidden unit scenarios solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
PG is generally very solitaire friendly. However, this isn't a good PG set in my opinion: the sheer number of leader counters makes for unwieldy stacks; the battles tend towards congestion and slow movement; progress is slow overall and somehow uninspiring. There are much better PG sets availible and, if you insist upon PTO battles the Saipan one is far more interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.