Subject: Empire Balance Problems? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Simmons
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
So I have been loving this game. I have generally been playing rebellion (with 2 x-wings and 1 y-wing) and my friend has been going imperial (2 advanced, 2 tie fighters). I have decimated him in 100pt matches and even in our basic starting 2 games (1 x-wing v 2 tie fighters). Is this the norm?

I don't want him to get discouraged and stop playing as we are trying to build a local community around this game. I didn't know if anyone else has been experiencing the same things or not.

On a side note, I will probably try to get both an imperial and a rebellion set going so I can incorporate the Slave 1 into a set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
First, try switching sides and see what happens.

Second, use a different build for the Empire. Vader plus five TIEs will work better for the Empire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drop a TIE advanced and go with more Academy TIEs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Simmons
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
OK. Thanks for the tips guys. We'll try that in the next game, also trying to swap out I'll try imperial as well to see how I do it at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also try some red on red or blue on blue match ups. As in the exact same 3 x-wings versus the exact same 3 x-wings. Nothing special. If you only have one set use Tie Fighter figures with x-wing stats. Then do some Tie fighter on Tie Fighter exact matches. This is to give you a baseline if its something specific to your player skills, or something specific to your skills with regards to the particular ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.