United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I've participated in some KS projects where "options" were available for purchase. (Reaper Bones minis comes to mind) That is, certain stretch rewards could also (or only) be purchased along the KS campaign.

I was thinking this might be nice for those card sleeves. Someone else tallied that for those of us nutjobs who got the whole enchilada, that's around 2200 cards (!), but the stretch reward for card sleeves includes 500. Would you take advantage of an option that would allow you to buy 1700 (give or take) more?

Also, do the decks come with tuckboxes? It would be very cool to get nation and environment specific tuck boxes as part of the stretch rewards!

Another option might be to allow participants to buy a set of just the counters from the original game. Since we're getting a gazillion armies, but only have counters enough for two to go at it at a time, would folks take up an option to buy the counter sheet that has the various range and effect tokens? Apparently the base game comes with enough for one 2p game, but you might be able to squeeze two games out of it, if folks didn't have that many squads...? (Not sure about that, I've only played a few times, and someone was explaining this to me - I haven't seen the components.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think a storage box with dividers would be cool. Given the price of card sleeves, I would suspect it would be a pretty penny to purchase enough for all the cards.

Maus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Vaughn
United States
Pleasant Hill
Missouri
flag msg tools
Yes! A thematic storage box with space for all the associated/potential cards, tokens, markers, etc. would be EXCELLENT!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
...would folks take up an option to buy the counter sheet that has the various range and effect tokens?...

RVaughnSr wrote:
Yes! A thematic storage box with space for all the associated/potential cards, tokens, markers, etc. would be EXCELLENT!!!!!

Chits people chits! They are called chits... not bloody tokens. I know even the reprint team is calling 'em tokens. Please chits... chits... chits...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
mattprice wrote:
...would folks take up an option to buy the counter sheet that has the various range and effect tokens?...

RVaughnSr wrote:

Chits people chits! They are called chits... not bloody tokens. I know even the reprint team is calling 'em tokens. Please chits... chits... chits...

They'll always be chits to me, whatever they're referred to in the rewritten rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Maybe we could get a stretch reward where everyone will promise to call them chits? Whatever those are...

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill K
United States
Unspecified
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Several of the (early) scenarios instruct players to treat various cards as Cower cards, most often the Minefield and Pillbox cards. I think a good Kickstarter reward would be getting alternate Cower cards for these oft-nerfed cards, for each of the decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Cower cards can also vary by nationality, though. I'd be more interested in alternate cards for jungle and urban terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pier Luigi Rocco
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

Cower cards can also vary by nationality, though. I'd be more interested in alternate cards for jungle and urban terrain.

German/USA will be with the standard action deck, Japanese will have an action deck for jungle scenarios, British an action deck for urban scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ataru Moroboshi wrote:
British an action deck for urban scenarios.

Do you mean desert instead of urban?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pier Luigi Rocco
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Emil 109 wrote:
Do you mean desert instead of urban?

Action deck with desert scenario is in the italian expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Are you saying that if you back at $125 and get all the armies you will get four actions decks: urban, desert, jungle, Western Europe? Or just terrain cards for the action deck for those settings? I didn't see this information on the KS page, but I think it's very important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pier Luigi Rocco
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

Are you saying that if you back at $125 and get all the armies you will get four actions decks: urban, desert, jungle, Western Europe? Or just terrain cards for the action deck for those settings? I didn't see this information on the KS page, but I think it's very important.

In reality six full action deck of 162 cards (heavy snow terrain with Russian and Beach with French). This was said here on BGG and is written in the description of the expansions on kickstarter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
andreww wrote:
I didn't see this information on the KS page, but I think it's very important.

Have you looked recently at the KS page? Full details have been added:

The base game will come with US vs. Germans and have the following;
* 31 US Personality cards
* 15 US Weapon cards
* 11 US Armored Fighting Vehicle cards
* 27 German Personality cards
* 18 German Weapon cards
* 17 German Armored Fighting Vehicle cards
* 162 Action cards (Country Deck)
* Basic rules booklet including detailed step-by-step walk-through
* Advanced rules booklet containing the basic rules AND the advanced rules
* Two token sheets

The Soviet Union expansion will contain;
* 28 Personality cards
* 21 Weapon cards
* 11 Armored Fighting Vehicle cards
* 162 Action cards (Winter Deck)
* New standard winter terrain - Deep Snow
* New rules - Berserk and Winter Camouflage
* New optional rules - Human Wave
* Small token sheet

The British expansion will contain;
* 26 Personality cards
* 15 Weapon cards
* 12 Armored Fighting Vehicle cards
* 162 Action cards (City Deck)
* New standard city terrain - Alleyway, Booby Traps, Canal, Clock Tower, Obstacles, Rooftop, Rubble, Trench
* New rules - PIAT

The Japanese expansion will contain;
* 28 Personality cards
* 18 Weapon cards
* 8 Armored Fighting Vehicle cards
* 162 Action cards (Jungle Deck)
* New standard jungle terrain - Huts, Jungle, Kunai, Palm Trees
* New rules - Banzai
* Small token sheet

The French expansion will contain;
* 27 Personality cards
* 15 Weapon cards
* 11 Armored Fighting Vehicle cards
* 162 Action cards (Beach Deck)
* New standard beach terrain - Cliffs, Dune Crest, Obstacles, Palm Trees, Sand, Soft Sand

The Italian expansion will contain;
* 33 Personality cards
* 21 Weapon cards
* 9 Armored Fighting Vehicle cards
* 162 Action cards (Desert Deck)
* New standard desert terrain - Dune, Escarpment, Hammada, Oasis, Ridge, Ruins, Sand, Soft Sand, Wadi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
andreww wrote:
I didn't see this information on the KS page, but I think it's very important.

Yes, this was added a few hours/days into the KS campaign, and is much appreciated! They've also added more details about the stretch rewards, which seem to include entirely new armies, but as far as I can tell, no new action decks.

To get back to the topic, I'd love to see the following stretch goals squeezed in, once this really gets rolling (most of these wouldn't be too much added trouble, I don't think):

- A second set of general gameplay counters to allow more players to play. With *six* action decks and gobs of armies available at the $125 level, I could see this becoming more of an issue.
- Tuckboxes for each nation, and each action deck (perhaps these are already in the works?)
- One big box (or tin?) to hold all the cards? Particularly if tuckboxes are not in the works. I suddenly had this chilling flash of 2,000 Up Front cards dumped into my Up Front canvas bag. Totally unorganized. Gaaah!
- Optional "beginner" cards to replace the more advanced cards in the action decks, as Bill K notes above
- An option to purchase additional sleeves at a KS price? Last I checked, they were just standard Mayday sleeves. Perhaps these could be customized with artwork to be Up Front sleeves? (I don't sleeve, but I assume many folks would appreciate this?)

Other ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.