Stone Age: The Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you get more than 2 "free" teeth per turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
According to the rules:

"Each time the player moves his marker forward on the trader track, regardless of how far, he takes 2 decorations."

If I read this correctly, this means that if I have two counters on the trader track, I go up 2 and receive 2 teeth. Then in addition, if I acquire further movement up the trader track due to civilization cards or huts, that I receive another 2 teeth for each movement, even though it is all on the same turn.

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rusty Gamer wrote:
According to the rules:

"Each time the player moves his marker forward on the trader track, regardless of how far, he takes 2 decorations."

If I read this correctly, this means that if I have two counters on the trader track, I go up 2 and receive 2 teeth. Then in addition, if I acquire further movement up the trader track due to civilization cards or huts, that I receive another 2 teeth for each movement, even though it is all on the same turn.

Is this correct?

The sentence you quote comes from the section "2. The players use the actions of their placed people" and under "the trader". I would interpret that to mean that the sentence only applies to the actions of the meeple you placed as a trader. Furthermore, it would be wonky if you got teeth for the civilization cards or huts when you get bumped on the trader track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
I would interpret that to mean that the sentence only applies to the actions of the meeple you placed as a trader. Furthermore, it would be wonky if you got teeth for the civilization cards or huts when you get bumped on the trader track.

The consensus on this thread is different though. It would be nice to get an official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
It says "regardless of HOW FAR", so it can't be only referring to the trader hut which is always exactly 2 spaces forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Marechal
United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rusty Gamer wrote:
It says "regardless of HOW FAR", so it can't be only referring to the trader hut which is always exactly 2 spaces forward.
Well, if you are at 9 on the trader track you can only move up to 10, so there is definitely a special case that exist when considering solely the trader hut.

That said I have no correct answer in respect to this for you. I find the expansion unpalatable and generally a big mess and don't play with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Potter
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time you move on the trading track, you receive two teeth. So yes, you treat each instance separately. The rules are just stating that you don't get more teeth for having moved two spaces at once, versus one space (from a card or hut).
The only exception is when you're already at 10 on the track, if you get a chance to move further, you don't receive the teeth.
You're playing correctly, Rusty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theoretically you could get 27 teeth in a single turn.

Put 2 meeples on Trader Hut is 2
Put your meeples on all the cards and all 5 cards give you +1 on the trading track gives another 10.
Put the remaining 3 meeples on Hunting Ground. Throw 3 sixes and with the maximum number of tools it gets you 30/2 = 15 more

But, somehow, I don't think the other players will let you have them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Robbemont
Belgium
Hoogstraten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hansbro wrote:
Theoretically you could get 27 teeth in a single turn.

Put 2 meeples on Trader Hut is 2
Put your meeples on all the cards and all 5 cards give you +1 on the trading track gives another 10.
Put the remaining 3 meeples on Hunting Ground. Throw 3 sixes and with the maximum number of tools it gets you 30/2 = 15 more

But, somehow, I don't think the other players will let you have them all.
If you really want to max your teeth, you can get 36 in one turn, by just putting all your 10 meeples on hunting ground (and using max tools). And the other players would let you have them all

Of course getting to 10 meeples and max tools is quite a challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls