Subject: Is there a Thunderstone "World"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Ant
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just curious, because I was poking around here and on the AEG forums (which appear to be dead for Thunderstone), and even on Google. But all I found was the Numenara project which is something different and evidently set "a billion years in the future" (thanks).

Looking at the "flavor text" in the games I see (for example) names like Tala, Cheah Dell, Baile Bhoide, Goron, Dun Ordha, Xobmokt, etc., all of which seem to imply something --- but what exactly?

Again, just curious -- is there even a rudimentary map such as FFG has for their Terrinoth world?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cappello
United States
Pasadena
MD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
If I recall, I believe it was set in the Accordlands. Was the universe of Warlord: Saga of the Storm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mb
Sippi wrote:
If I recall, I believe it was set in the Accordlands. Was the universe of Warlord: Saga of the Storm

I don't think so, because the elves are wrong for that universe...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe babbitt
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and no. The first six sets of Thunderstone take place in the same location, and at the culmination of the Rite of Banishment, Doom was expelled from that world and a bunch of people were pulled through the rift with him/her/it. Towers of Ruin, Caverns of Bane and Root of Corruption tell the story of the world of Tala, where they all ended up.

There are a handful of fictions written early in Towers of Ruin but were not followed up on. There is a storyline to be followed, but it's not fully fleshed out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Land
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
Not sure but I think there is a Thuderstone Land in Florida, or is that Disney Land I can never remember
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tala is the world of Thunderstone Advance, though I have never seen a map of the lands anywhere, so I'm guessing that if one does exist, only AEG has it. There is some more background detail on the world in the various modules that have been released on the AEG site, so you may want to get those if you don't already have them. There is also sprinkled through the AEG site several articles by Jeff Quick that discuss some of the background of Tala as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is what I have leared about the Thunderstone world...
Here is what I have leared about the Thunderstone world...
-It's full of deadly diseases.
-Village shops never have the item you need.
-When it comes to heroes to take on some monster threat...you are stuck with whoever shows up to help.
-There are rumors amongst the populace of some great diety who plays with their lives and shuffles their fortune for mere entertainment....perverse!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ant
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. Apparently AEG never developed this world but perhaps they will if the game continues to sell and expand, at least to a minimal map-world such as Terrinoth.

As for Accordlands, it is not Thunderstone but the reference to Warlord was interesting, a game I did not know about. Apparently Warlord has fallen into limbo between 4e and 5e . . . wait a moment, that sounds familiar -- should we now expect "Warlord Next"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JimZam wrote:
Apparently Warlord has fallen into limbo between 4e and 5e

It didn't even get a 4e treatment. It was a card game based on 3e D&D rules, and a handful of RPG books that came out a few years later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.