Subject: Molly is Sad rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I just met up with a friend at the bar who I have not seen in a while. She has been staying away because she lost her job about 7 months ago. She can not afford to come in and have a few beers and play cards with me, at no fault of her own: she is a talented manager type, and is devasted by rejection after rejection from prospective employers.

I blame this kind of activity squarely on the Republican's Party voters. This leadership has stated as their primary goal to do whatever it takes to limit the President of the United States to one term. This sort of action is not Pro-America, it is Pro-Republican's Party, no matter how ill concieved it might be, or what kind of devastating consequences it might afford. It has, in fact, failed.

This girl was crying in my arms tonight. I would like for you voters of the Republican's Party to think about that a bit.

I would like for you to think about it on your own terms. Not through the prism of what someone on the radio said. Not jaded by what someone on the television said. Not by what you feel about abortion rights, or gun ownership rights, or any other wedge issue that the Republican's Party has told you is more important than the common decency of the way we should treat people. Think about it in terms of what real people are going through: Talented people who never had to worry about getting, or holding a job, until this recent spate of unprecendented obstruction by a certain party in the American Congress.

I would like for you to think about that, and then think about why you may have lost the recent election.

There is no good reason for Molly to be so sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I think they're doing a great job lately but I don't see how you can blame the Republican party for our current situation. There are too many factors in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Message wrote:
Not that I think they're doing a great job lately but I don't see how you can blame the Republican party for our current situation. There are too many factors in play.

This. I, personally, think the current 'social fanaticism' in the Republican party pushes them remarkably close to evil incarnate.

But I really can't see what that has to do with your friend not being able to get a job.

Unemployment and under-employment is high at the moment, and that is more than anything due to rampant misallocation of capital in the nation...far from a problem that can be pinned entirely on one party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I am not blaming the party. I am blaming the people who voted for the party. There is a difference.

I could also blame Clay, or Xander, or myself. But I have a sneaking suspicion that the people in that group would know better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Bush's fault. Boo-hoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not Bush's fault, it's your fault. Boo hoo, because you are a stupid moron. See above dumbass.

(not exactly intended for OrangeMoose. I don't even know OM! However, if you identify yourself as a Republican's Party voter *different from a Republican* then I am talking to you.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bauer
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:

I am not blaming the party. I am blaming the people who voted for the party. There is a difference.

I could also blame Clay, or Xander, or myself. But I have a sneaking suspicion that the people in that group would know better.

That doesn't seem to compute. If you think it is the parties fault then why not blame them? If it is not their fault how could it be the fault of the people who voted for them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Because it is this weird two tier system, Steve. Republicans will never admit it, because if they did, they would have to proclaim that the science of mathematics is beyond their realm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sbauer9 wrote:
49xjohn wrote:

That doesn't seem to compute. If you think it is the parties fault then why not blame them? If it is not their fault how could it be the fault of the people who voted for them?
I think what he is saying is that it's the people who vote for them that cause them to support policies that are harmful to others. You cannot blames the party for trying to appeal to the selfish and greedy (not that, I suspect, the Demotwats are any better).

But (as others have said) the real problem is a socio-economic system that is geared towards wealth and privilege rather then commonwealth and social cohesion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
So, after consoling her, did you get any?

Probably not. Two slobbering drunk democrats crying in their beers is not exactly a recipe for hot sex.

If John has any decency at all he'd have offered Molly $200 for sex. It would be the principled thing for a democrat to do - continue fucking the victims of progressive politics... and give them money so they'll keep voting you in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
DWTripp wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
So, after consoling her, did you get any?

Probably not. Two slobbering drunk democrats crying in their beers is not exactly a recipe for hot sex.

If John has any decency at all he'd have offered Molly $200 for sex. It would be the principled thing for a democrat to do - continue fucking the victims of progressive politics... and give them money so they'll keep voting you in.

No more nasty than watching BJ slobber all over Jarred in their hotel room as they lost The Resistance after the meetup.

Though it might have been more drool than slobber...now that I think about it. Ilthuain might know more.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
49xjohn wrote:

I just met up with a friend at the bar who I have not seen in a while. She has been staying away because she lost her job about 7 months ago. She can not afford to come in and have a few beers and play cards with me, at no fault of her own: she is a talented manager type, and is devasted by rejection after rejection from prospective employers.

I blame this kind of activity squarely on the Republican's Party voters. This leadership has stated as their primary goal to do whatever it takes to limit the President of the United States to one term. This sort of action is not Pro-America, it is Pro-Republican's Party, no matter how ill concieved it might be, or what kind of devastating consequences it might afford. It has, in fact, failed.

This girl was crying in my arms tonight. I would like for you voters of the Republican's Party to think about that a bit.

I would like for you to think about it on your own terms. Not through the prism of what someone on the radio said. Not jaded by what someone on the television said. Not by what you feel about abortion rights, or gun ownership rights, or any other wedge issue that the Republican's Party has told you is more important than the common decency of the way we should treat people. Think about it in terms of what real people are going through: Talented people who never had to worry about getting, or holding a job, until this recent spate of unprecendented obstruction by a certain party in the American Congress.

I would like for you to think about that, and then think about why you may have lost the recent election.

There is no good reason for Molly to be so sad.

Why is it my responsibility to make Molly feel better about herself?

I would have figured that government health care reform would have provided her with a good Prozac prescription......

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Drew1365 wrote:
Darilian wrote:

I would have figured that government health care reform would have provided her with a good Prozac prescription......

Yes, yes! Dar is becoming a cold-hearted Republican, right on schedule! We have our first, fellows*!

There will be more! devil

No-

It's just that after BGG.Con, I have a low tolerance for fake bullshit- like being told that the problems of others are directly my own, and that I'm not allowed to make choices and take responsibility for myself.

This is just waving the economic version of a bloody shirt. I feel bad for her, sure- but why should I change my vote here in Texas when Rolling Stone guy wouldn't just let her stay in his garage?

Sometimes there are no good, easy choices that make life wonderful and happy for everyone.

But mostly I wanted to sass 49xxJohn.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So, she's talented because you say so, because she says so, or because of the repeated rejections?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is something that I am struggling with.

current laws and tax incentives are destroying America jobs in moving them to other countries well moving the money to a small subset of the population.

the primary Republican responsibility is for holding interest rates too low too long to hold off 2005 to 2007 recession and causing a 2008 Great Recession. And for removing any kind of legal restrictions on the banking industry.

however, Obama should put these people in jail or at least be prosecuted them so I could not hold Republicans responsible for the lack of prosecution.

Our current social rules around the employment are harsh.
we're basically consuming our young.

as many other countries show us it does not have to be this hard. We have just written bad laws.

the laws favor the few over the many.

---

edited to correct voiced recognition typing errors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
The Message wrote:

You might not be able to blame them for the cause of the situation (as presented by the OP), but you can blame them on the lack of progress in making it better. When your sole goal is to block anything the President would do that would make him re-electable, that means you are blocking things that make things better. Their ADMITTED goal was making things worse so that the President would fail. I think that is the OP's point. Instead of doing right, they intentionally set out to do wrong. That is childish, spiteful and damaging to all of us.

That's not saying cooperation would have made the situation better, but at least it would have been an honest try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Darilian wrote:

Yes, yes! Dar is becoming a cold-hearted Republican, right on schedule! We have our first, fellows*!

No-

It's just that after BGG.Con, I have a low tolerance for fake bullshit- like being told that the problems of others are directly my own, and that I'm not allowed to make choices and take responsibility for myself.

This is just waving the economic version of a bloody shirt. I feel bad for her, sure- but why should I change my vote here in Texas when Rolling Stone guy wouldn't just let her stay in his garage?

Sometimes there are no good, easy choices that make life wonderful and happy for everyone.

Darilian

I'm curious what happened at the con that altered your tolerance for "fake bullshit".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
slowcorner wrote:
Darilian wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Darilian wrote:

No-

Darilian

I'm curious what happened at the con that altered your tolerance for "fake bullshit".

The realization that I want my online persona to be more reflective of who I am in person.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
slowcorner wrote:
[q="Darilian"]

The realization that I want my online persona to be more reflective of who I am in person.

Darilian

I for one approve of the new haircut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
My big regret is that I didn't play High Frontier in a rematch with you and Dana.

But I had, had, had to get back to the store in time for Black Monday.

gulp

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Black Monday.

Darilian

Racists everywhere!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawson
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
slowcorner wrote:

What does this shift entail? (I.e., how has your online persona failed to reflect you?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Oh-
By the way-

In no way are my remarks to be inferred that I'm upset with anyone. Mostly, I was sassing 49xxJohn, who is an individual I like a lot, even when he is waving a bloody shirt.

Go Rolling Stones!!

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
corross wrote:
Darilian wrote:
slowcorner wrote:

What does this shift entail? (I.e., how has your online persona failed to reflect you?)

Yeah, you seemed like the same combative, center-right jerkwad that you play online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
corross wrote:
Darilian wrote:
slowcorner wrote:

Yeah, you seemed like the same combative, center-right jerkwad that you play online.

I bet he wasn't even Spanish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.