Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Bryce
United States
Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. New player; first game going on now! Two questions
1: the rules say there is no limit to the number of times a card can be advanced but is that per turn? I had an accelerated beta test and wanted to advance it all 3x in one turn.
2: if I use my LAST action to advance, do I still score that turn? The rules say I can score after any action IIRC but I read on the forums it is BETWEEN actions.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Droz wrote:
1: the rules say there is no limit to the number of times a card can be advanced but is that per turn? I had an accelerated beta test and wanted to advance it all 3x in one turn.
2: if I use my LAST action to advance, do I still score that turn? The rules say I can score after any action IIRC but I read on the forums it is BETWEEN actions.

Thanks!

Advancing requires clicks, so as long as you have clicks, you can advance.

You can score at the end of your turn. See the FAQ to see the updated timing chart to see when you can score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Bryce
United States
Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant! Thanks. We played correctly (so far at least).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Vales
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
Droz wrote:

Thanks!

Advancing requires clicks, so as long as you have clicks, you can advance.

You can score at the end of your turn. See the FAQ to see the updated timing chart to see when you can score.

Not entirely true. There are various cards that give advancing capability without the need of the "required" click.

-Autoscript Pilot Program
-Psychographics Core
-Shipment from Kaguya

TYPICALLY, you advance at the tune of 1 click + 1 credit = 1 advancement. The cards above may need clicks to play, but can be advanced more than the typical 1.

I go with the rulebook. You can score AFTER an action. You cannot score as the first thing you do in a turn, you CAN draw a card, THEN score.

Also note that scoring does not require an action, so essentially, you can sit on an agenda with all its advancement counters until an opportune time comes along to strike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Grell
United States
Winter Haven
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the updated timing chart in the official FAQ. That is the current one you should be going by. Agendas can be scored during the corp draw phase before Turn begins conditions trigger and you draw a card. Even in the rulebook, it shows agendas can be scored before the draw card step actually. The FAQ just breaks down the steps with a numbered order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
Droz wrote:
2: if I use my LAST action to advance, do I still score that turn?...

You don't automatically score an agenda when there are enough counters on it to meet the scoring condition.

You MAY score it. It's a very important distinction when you look at agendas like 'Breaking News'. If you would score that automatically you could end up in a situation where the two temporary tags are lost, in a situation where you'd really want them to stay around for you to do something with them.

I know it's not what you asked directly, it's just important to remember.

Have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Malgamus wrote:
Look at the updated timing chart in the official FAQ. That is the current one you should be going by. Agendas can be scored during the corp draw phase before Turn begins conditions trigger and you draw a card. Even in the rulebook, it shows agendas can be scored before the draw card step actually. The FAQ just breaks down the steps with a numbered order.

Yes, the rulebook allowed you to score at the beginning of your turn, in-between each of your actions, and at the end of your turn. The FAQ fixed the oversight that the rulebook did not allow you to score between your mandatory start-of-turn draw and your first action.

If you think of the draw as a forced action, then it remains simply start of turn (before start of turn trigger), end of turn, or between each action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Droz wrote:

To go back to this original question, a better phrasing would have been "There is no limit to the number of ADVANCEMENT COUNTERS that can be placed on a card".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.