Subject: The Drankin' Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
surfin' kitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is probably a bad idea, because I'm afraid this is how I'll be remembered, or at least that this was my only contribution to the forum.

Anyway, this is a place to discuss adult beverages, or to stumble into when you've had one too many and you're feeling a bit... liberal.

First order of business:

I really like zinfandel and bourbon, but god help me, not together.
Sigafoos kinda owns a micro-brewery.
How cool is THAT?

*spell check count: 8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What bourbon drinks do you prefer? (Or how do you prefer to drink your bounbon?) And what bourbons do you recommend (or not recommend)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
surfin' kitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Maker's Mark, and Woodford Reserve, but to be honest, me and Jack go waaaayyyy back. Like, "17 years old, drunk for the first time", way back.

I drink it straight if it's good, with cola if it's mediocre, always with lots of ice. If the glass has a nice, classy shape, it adds to the experience.

Some bourbons like Evan Williams or even Wild Turkey make my stomach turn.

In addition to Maker's and Woodford, I like Knob Creek, or maybe even a less expensive Rebel Yell. I also have a theory about bourbon with the word "old" in the name, but it's not very well developed yet.

*I forgot to mention the king of fire water, Booker's. It's crazy expensive, and like brimstone in your belly. I rarely drink it, but cherish the moment when I do (and have a fuzzy memory of it the next day).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
The sippin' bourbon of choice over in the RSP drankin' thread is Buffalo Trace... and it is smooth.

I'm mainly a beer drinker, and I've been into a lot of IPA lately. Heavy on the hops, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
Knowing where the trap is - that's the first step in evading it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I drank a lot of Scotch last night. It was pretty awesome then, though its not so great this morning ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Genghis wrote:
The sippin' bourbon of choice over in the RSP drankin' thread is Buffalo Trace... and it is smooth.

I'm mainly a beer drinker, and I've been into a lot of IPA lately. Heavy on the hops, please.

Yes to hops!

Of course, I've been drinking a lot of Belgians lately due to all that time in Canada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I was knocking back a lot of homemade mead last night. I convinced the brewer the recipe needs work and only my refined palate is an acceptable quality control device. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:
Genghis wrote:

Yes to hops!

Of course, I've been drinking a lot of Belgians lately due to all that time in Canada.

That's a Quebec thing much more than it is a Canadian thing. Quebec brewers have really embraced the Belgian style. Which is probably why outside of McAuslan and some Unibroue stuff (love La Maudite, and Le Fin du Monde when I'm in the mood), I haven't delved much into French-Canadian beers. That style isn't my thing. It's the quasi-fruity aftertaste that doesn't do it for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today's tipple of choice was the Southern Tier Mokah Imperial Stout. Tasty, easy drinking dessert beer that packs a wallop at 11.2%. Dangerous combination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ayumi Hakase
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For something related in flavor to Woodford Reserve but with a delightfully different note, you might enjoy Angel's Envy, a lovely bourbon with a complex fruit/maple/oak undertone.

After discovering it at a tasting event, it's become my favorite 'sippin'whiskey'. An affordable, decadent indulgence at the holidays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
surfin' kitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ayumi_Hakase wrote:
For something related in flavor to Woodford Reserve but with a delightfully different note, you might enjoy Angel's Envy, a lovely bourbon with a complex fruit/maple/oak undertone.

After discovering it at a tasting event, it's become my favorite 'sippin'whiskey'. An affordable, decadent indulgence at the holidays.

That sounds delightful. Where might I find such a thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Oregon people, check out

http://oregonspiritdistillers.com/
http://oregonspiritdistillers.com/spirits/

Some friends of mine and their stuff is quite good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
Beowulf introduced me to Bullet Rye - a great bye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Respect
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I think I'm too addicted to BGG.
I was out having apple cider last night, and it kept reminding me of Apple Snapple!
It was good cider.

We decided to try speaking only in Chilean Spanish, because the friends I was with were worried about losing their Spanish.
I was contemplating for some time while drunk how to explain in my weak Spanish how apple cider would remind me of Apple Snapple. "Tengo una amiga, po, que es una manzana, po. Pero no conozco este amiga, solamente juego jugos con ella en el computador. Y beber cerveza de manzana es como beber me amiga. No soy cannibal! PO"

Translation: "I have a friend.. who is an apple, but I never actually met this apple, etc..."

So yeah, I decided against mentioning it.

The PO thing- I'm totally randomly fitting into sentences all the time now. They do that in Chile and I love it. PO
I like apple cider and Zinfandel. I don't normally drink hard liquor straight, unless it's like Sambuca or something. Cocktails are my thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
hibou wrote:
I was out having apple cider last night, and it kept reminding me of Apple Snapple!
It was good cider.

We decided to try speaking only in Chilean Spanish, because the friends I was with were worried about losing their Spanish.
I was contemplating for some time while drunk how to explain in my weak Spanish how apple cider would remind me of Apple Snapple. "Tengo una amiga, po, que es una manzana, po. Pero no conozco este amiga, solamente juego jugos con ella en el computador. Y beber cerveza de manzana es como beber me amiga. No soy cannibal! PO"

Translation: "I have a friend.. who is an apple, but I never actually met this apple, etc..."

The PO thing- I'm totally randomly fitting into sentences all the time now. They do that in Chile and I love it. PO
I like apple cider and Zinfandel. I don't normally drink hard liquor straight, unless it's like Sambuca or something. Cocktails are my thing.

You really need to go to Dieu du Ciel sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Respect
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:
hibou wrote:
It was good cider.

You really need to go to Dieu du Ciel sometime.

I've been. PO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Optimal gin-to-vermouth martini ratio. GO!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Genghis wrote:
Optimal gin-to-vermouth martini ratio. GO!

ERROR!!

CANNOT DIVIDE BY ZERO!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
put vermouth in glass
pour vermouth out of glass

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I represent no danger.
mb
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:
put vermouth in glass

Too much.

Show vermouth to gin from across the room for 1.5 seconds. Then continue.

Dry is to wet a word to describe it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love how many alcohol-related threads we have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my creme brûlée stout and on recommendation also got the chokolat stout. Bought them to enjoy on vacation. Then forgot them at home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:
put vermouth in glass

This is my current approach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miraria wrote:
I bought my creme brûlée stout and on recommendation also got the chokolat stout. Bought them to enjoy on vacation. Then forgot them at home.

I finally found an LCBO with some Mokah. Grabbed a bunch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Q. Dangerpants, esq
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, screw neat gin, ya hipsters.

2.5/1 is about right, especially if you add a little olive juice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.