Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It says "When your turn begins, ..."

Since your turn only begins once per turn, you can only use the Pawnshop once per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording on the card is pretty careful: "you may trash another one of your installed cards." Meaning just one.

If it were going to work the other way, it would say something like "Trash an installed card: Gain 3 credits. Trigger this only at the beginning of your turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
Don't think in Magic terms. It's a game designed that was designed at the time to be as different from Magic as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Blahut
Hungary
Békéscsaba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manydills wrote:
The wording on the card is pretty careful: "you may trash another one of your installed programs cards..."

Fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cirroid wrote:
manydills wrote:
The wording on the card is pretty careful: "you may trash another one of your installed programs cards..."

Fixed.

And fixed above. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
Pheznik2 wrote:
Well I was thinking like in magic terms a "fast effect" As my turn is beginning can I trash as much stuff to the pawn shop as I want?

Thinking in Magic terms with Netrunner is usually not a good thing. There are very few similarities in the games especially when it comes to things like timing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wedgeex wrote:
Thinking in Magic terms with Netrunner is usually not a good thing. There are very few similarities in the games especially when it comes to things like timing.

Thinking in Magic terms with any game that's not Magic is usually not a good thing. It's weird how often people do it, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Grell
United States
Winter Haven
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He designed both games. I recall reading somewhere that he designed Netrunner to be the anti-Magic though. Not the opposite persay, but make it as different as possible so it wouldn't feel like a Magic clone. Things like resources as tokens(credits) instead of cards(lands), each side having unique card types, and giving the player the choice of what actions to take and what order to take them in are a few things that jump out to highlight that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malgamus wrote:
He designed both games. I recall reading somewhere that he designed Netrunner to be the anti-Magic though. Not the opposite persay, but make it as different as possible so it wouldn't feel like a Magic clone. Things like resources as tokens(credits) instead of cards(lands), each side having unique card types, and giving the player the choice of what actions to take and what order to take them in are a few things that jump out to highlight that.
Not to mention that whole "the two players are playing completely different methodologies that intersect through the game rules" thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pheznik2 wrote:
Didn't Garfield make both of these. It stands to reason there might be some things in common.
Just about every time I play a new game, I get something wrong. Sometimes it's something significant, sometimes it's something minor.

A lot of the reason that I get things wrong is because, instead of reading the rules carefully, I skim them and assume that because I know the designer's other work, I know how this game will play. It's a bad habit, especially when (as the owner of the game) I'm the one teaching other players.

Just read the rules, and follow what the rules and cards say. It's a lot easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.