Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
or must we reroll during set up (for e.g when we get 2 whites?

Also can a monk go to confessional when one of them shows the dice of his color?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gudjon Torfi Sigurdsson
Iceland
Isafjordur
Isafjardarbaer
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thhey can both be of the same color at the same time.

But if I remember correctly you can't visit the confessional which has your own color, as then you'd have to steal a card from yourselves, which would be pointless I think.

Xelforp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thisaliensean wrote:
or must we reroll during set up (for e.g when we get 2 whites?

I suppose they can have the same colour, but we (= I, as I am the game owner and rules reader in our group ) always start with two different colours, as it seems more fair...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the 2012 reprint and if I remember correctly it actually says in the rules that during set-up they should be different colors. During the game itself however, it could happen both are the same color, if one player visits both chambers in the same turn.

As for the set-up rule, I do not have the game with me ATM...will post when I get home...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote yes, the initial die roll colours to start the game can both be the same.

and yes, any monk may enter either confessional but obviously, nothing is gained when your colour is showing on the die. I can think of one benefit to entering a confessional this way...to 'hide' from the other monks, as only one may enter at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, this very thread just helped changed my mind. My home rules will now stipulate that the initial die rolls / colours to start the game must not be the same. There must be 2 different colours.

I feel not only is this thematically (realistic) correct, but it places a large disadvantage upon the starting Monk who may have to begin the game with his coloured die on both confessionals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.