Subject: Slave 1 observations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rod Johnson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After looking through the stock photo of Slave 1 and all its components and comparing to known cards, I was able to figure out what a few of the upgrade cards were:

2 missile upgrades:
"Assault Missiles" also comes with the Millenium Falcon
"Homing Missiles" also comes with the A-wing

2 Elite Pilot Talents:
"Veteran Instincts" also from Millenium Falcon
Unknown card that's unique to this expansion.

*3 Modification/Title cards:
2 Copies of the same unknown card, appears to be a Modification unique to this expansion, similar to the Engine Upgrade x2 and Shield Upgrade x2 cards from the Millenium Falcon expansion.
1 Card that we can assume is the Slave 1 Title card.*

2 Crew Upgrades:
"Gunner" unique to this expansion
Unknown Crew, unique to this expansion
The Ships only appear to have 1 Crew upgrade icon also, compared to the MFs 2, Slave 1 has 5 total upgrade icons though.

*4 Cards with Icons that appear to be new icons, 2 different icons on 4 unique cards. They don't match the icons of other upgrade cards and according to this line: "Imperial players can choose to arm this starfighter with a range of missiles, ion cannons, heavy laser cannons, and bombs" from: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3565 we would appear to have:

2 Cannon upgrades:
Heavy Laser Cannons
Ion Cannons

2 Bomb upgrades, both unknown.*

Lots of unique upgrades coming in Wave 2, was glad to see that there's another Assault Missile upgrade in this because I'm not buying more than 1 copy each of the Large Ships.

Looking forward to Kessel Run previews and seeing what the unspoiled upgrades are.

*Edited sections
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

2 Modification/Title cards:
2 Copies of the same unknown card, does not appear to be a Title card like the Millenium Falcon. Instead appears to be a Modification unique to this expansion, similar to the Engine Upgrade x2 and Shield Upgrade x2 cards from the Millenium Falcon expansion. Unless its a non-unique title card.
'Upgraded Weapons' and/or 'Upgraded Defensive Computer' (+1 Attack, +1 Defense) come to mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning
Sweden
flag msg tools
LOL, I just posted a very similar list here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After looking over it myself, I think one of the upgrade slots is a turret/cannon like the Y-wing (and I hope it is because it will bring new options to the Y-wing) and one is a mine-type weapon slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Inglis
Australia
Springfield Lakes
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phiros wrote:
After looking through the stock photo of Slave 1 and all its components and comparing to known cards, I was able to figure out what a few of the upgrade cards were:

2 Copies of the same unknown card, does not appear to be a Title card like the Millenium Falcon. Instead appears to be a Modification unique to this expansion, similar to the Engine Upgrade x2 and Shield Upgrade x2 cards from the Millenium Falcon expansion. Unless its a non-unique title card.

The stock photo on BBG is the old version of the stock photo. The new version on FFG website there is an additional card underneath the Gunner upgrade card. From the look of it I say this new card is the Slave I title card. I noticed the same thing months ago with the Millenium Falcon image, but the new Falcon image stood out more as the new card was on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magadizer wrote:
After looking over it myself, I think one of the upgrade slots is a turret/cannon like the Y-wing (and I hope it is because it will bring new options to the Y-wing) and one is a mine-type weapon slot.

If it has a new turret/cannon option, it might be an "Imperial only" option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong, but on the base for Slave 1 it looks like it has a forward fire arc and rear fire arc but nothing on the sides. This would make sense with how the gun on the bottom of the ship rotates. Can anyone verify this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Kua
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:
I could be wrong, but on the base for Slave 1 it looks like it has a forward fire arc and rear fire arc but nothing on the sides. This would make sense with how the gun on the bottom of the ship rotates. Can anyone verify this?

I thought the rear arc was for the bombs/mines ala Attsck of the clones bombs in the dogfight between Fett senior and Obiwan? I remember seeing tokens that looked like the same bomb used in the stock photos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:
Quote:

'Upgraded Weapons' and/or 'Upgraded Defensive Computer' (+1 Attack, +1 Defense) come to mind.

Interesting, but those would need to have a very substantial costs to not be overpowered. Proton Torpedoes / Concussion Missiles give a "psuedo +1 Attack" with range restrictions and a Target Lock requirement for a single use and already cost 4 points.

I suspect we might see something like "This ship gains the Target Lock action" and "This ship gains the barrel roll / evade action" instead of actual increases to Attack and Agility. They may also do things like increase payload, adding a Missile/Torp icon to the ship, for instance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning
Sweden
flag msg tools
FFG News: New Starfighters Blast into Action wrote:
The Slave I Expansion Pack allows players to take advantage of the Firespray’s versatile armament and heavy armor plating, as well as a host of lethal new upgrades. Imperial players can choose to arm this starfighter with a range of missiles, ion cannons, heavy laser cannons, and bombs. Slave I comes with a detailed miniature, four pilot cards, thirteen upgrades, and all requisite tokens. New rules and a new mission further expand your games of X-Wing!

So the turret (or turret-like) upgrade is most probably a choice between an ion cannon (which is not the same as the y-wing's if you believe the picture) and a heavy laser cannon.

The other upgrade is most certainly the bombs. Probably seismic charges (probably corresponding to the large square token) and some kind of probe-mine (probably corresponding to the even larger round token).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kamekkusu wrote:
magadizer wrote:

If it has a new turret/cannon option, it might be an "Imperial only" option.

Hope not, because Y-wing could become more versatile and interesting (even though I already like it a lot).
It is a possibility for sure, although so far no weapon is faction specific, except for the fact that it requires the particular upgrade slot to make it work, and the faction may not (yet) have that option on any of their ships. I think this is bound to change with the new wave and beyond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Owen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read in a West End Games RPG book or a Star Wars technical book Boba Fett's version of Slave I included a rear-mounted proton torpedo launcher. If this option is not available for the X-Wing Slave I, a custom card should be created to add it to the model.

Correction: I was thinking of the rear-mounted proton torpedo launcher on Slave II. I read Slave I can have PTs but I am guessing they are forward-mounted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Johnson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grelvis wrote:

The stock photo on BBG is the old version of the stock photo. The new version on FFG website there is an additional card underneath the Gunner upgrade card. From the look of it I say this new card is the Slave I title card. I noticed the same thing months ago with the Millenium Falcon image, but the new Falcon image stood out more as the new card was on top.

Ah so there is, good catch.

RogueThirteen wrote:

I suspect we might see something like "This ship gains the Target Lock action" and "This ship gains the barrel roll / evade action" instead of actual increases to Attack and Agility. They may also do things like increase payload, adding a Missile/Torp icon to the ship, for instance.

No target lock tokens included in the picture though. The increased payload would be interesting.

Hinnyboy wrote:

So the turret (or turret-like) upgrade is most probably a choice between an ion cannon (which is not the same as the y-wing's if you believe the picture) and a heavy laser cannon.

Ah I believe you're right about one of the upgrades being an Ion weapon, because there is an Ion Token reference card included in the picture. I thought at first it was because of the Large Ship rules with regards to Ion tokens, but then I realized there isn't a reference card included with the Millenium Falcon expansion. There are also 2 Ion Tokens included instead of the single extra token needed in the MF pack.

Hinnyboy wrote:
LOL, I just posted a very similar list here!

heh and only an hour apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point about there being no included Target Lock....
Does that mean that the Slave 1 can fire missiles with no target lock????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game - Slave I Expansion Pack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm pretty sure I see a target lock icon on the base of slave one. I can not imagine it wouldn't have that ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps, but.....

The earlier pictures of the YT-1300 also had en evade symbol on the base card, which as we now know is not accurate to the finished product. The evade action is a purchasable upgrade.

But this is just as much an argument in favor of the idea that the Target lock tokens were just left out of the picture. We don't know for sure until someone starts unboxing those kessel run previews....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just looked at the video of the millennium falcon unboxing again.

It does not seem to come with any target lock tokens.

I think the answer may be that we all have too damn many of those things anyways already, and the expansion is not intended to be "a complete game experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.