Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Pod expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any one think we'll see theese in the future?personally i like to see action cards for leaders,maybe a race tech more?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Maybe even a new leader type and anew representitive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see POD that would fleshen out even more each race difference, loved both ideas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
muthrali the relentless
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What does Pod mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Print On Demand....its small mini expansions that so far has been made for 6 other games f ex game of thrones the boardgame 2nd ed...i know theres alot of action cards allready but wouldnt it be cool to have f ex a card that kills a leader?like a diplomat that holds off your invasions or an admiral onboard a war sun with duranium armor?i am sure theres room for cards such as these and a new race tech...maybe like a cloacking device for the yissaril and whatever they can come up with at ffg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And a shield for the fishes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They can't do Action cards in a PoD because the cards look different, so they have to reprint the entire set so they match (a la Mansions of Madness), which they are obviously not going to do.

They could do the tiny decks like Objectives, or other cards that aren't hidden information like Trade Agreements or Representatives, but they wont do Action cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Representitves could be cool too but not sure i want to have to figure out who kills or assassinates whoany ways it was just a thought on a boring sunday...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
mbmbmbmbmb
The easiest thing I can think of are new races - sheet, cards, tokens - nothing needs to remain hidden so there'll be no problem with slightly different PoD painting.
Another cool thing could be new systems (tiles and cards), though the tiles should be similar to the existing ones OR they can add a whole new scenario with a fixed map setup. And then the possibilities are infinite - even the core mechanics can be changed.
PoD with an alternative Strategy Card(s) would offer a twist.

One more idea, maybe not necessarily new plastic units (high cost), but unit-token can be attached in PoD. I'm thinking an upgrade versions of existing ones, like they did with ground forces and veterans. Fighter squadron leaders?

Oh, something which may call for a large expansion: culture, like in Civilization games. TI covers military, political, science, economic, trade agendas. Why not add culture? Oh, or advanced espionage? It would require some major changes to races, techs, action cards etc. and would rise the difficulty level over the ceiling, but TI would become even more epic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I seems to me they allways go the big box way and put a lot of stuff in but i rather see small expansions...dont get me wrong i love the new races but 17 is enough for me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.