Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m a bit confused of the rule that every multiple of 3 Fleet cards generates one Army and vice versa? As they just generate additional points, wouldn't it be less confusing if they generated one more (point) of the same?

The only reason I can make sense of it is to allow the gained Army/Fleet to be used to generate an additional Fleet/Army. That is, if you’re one short of 3 to gain an extra in the other category. However, there is some debate that this isn’t possible as you are generating a “virtual” and not a real unit, which brings me back to the 1st paragraph.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I think the rule is there to create an incentive to diversify the cards you play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
I think the rule is there to create an incentive to diversify the cards you play.

But diversity is already covered by the 2 extra points you get for every suit/category you put out.

Or did you mean that it could help to fight Rome? You get additional units in another category (3 Fleets => +1 Army) which then might help you to beat Rome in that (Army) category?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Eisenstein
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

It is to have one more Fleet/Army first for the points and second to beat Rome...
But the same is with Rome itself: Rome also generates Bonus Armies/Fleets - don't forget this!

Greetings
Bernd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Bernd!

Could you please also clarify how the extra Fleet/Army can be used if you are one short of the bonus (i.e. have 5 Armies and 5 Fleets)? Is it possible to gain a bonus Fleet/Army via a bonus Army/Fleet?

The fact that they don't require land might indicate that it's not. But as it's a bonus, it can be seen either way.

The rest makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Eisenstein
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

It's not possible to gain a bonus Army/Fleet out of a bonus Army/Fleet.
For getting a bonus Army/Fleet you need the 3 or 6 Symbols right in front of you.

Greetings
Bernd

www.irongames.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.