Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Tesser
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The illustration given on Research seems to be one off. It says that green has a shield tech it doesn't and discounts one too many.
Is this true or am I missing it?

2. Regarding WMD where it talks about the damage rules it is confusing regarding the Graviton weapon. It seems there are a couple of words missing between what the Graviton does and the Biochemical.

Again am I missing it. I believe the Graviton is saying any hit will blow up the planet and ALL things on it where Biochemical kills population per hit.

3. I saw this post http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/884759/is-every-secondary-ac...
BUT in the rule book it does say to put cubes on the players card BUT I didn't see any text that said I cannot put cubes on a secondary card that already has them. It makes sense just wondering if I missed it in the rulebook or it was left out.

4. The rulebook doesn't state what token to use for tracking VP. I ask this because I know population cubes are limited. Meaning you have to split them between Technology and Population. Regarding trade Andrei already said that you can use something else (a die makes sense to me)
Andrei also said to use a cube to track VP but does this mean I only have 24 cubes and NOT 25 for tech and population?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my answers...

1. You're correct - the example is missing a cube on Electromagnetic Shields.

2. You're correct - the example is missing some words. You have the correct idea though - a Graviton WMD destroys the planet and everything on it. Ships are unaffected.

3. You're correct - the rule book doesn't state that only one player may have cubes on a Reaction at one time. However, Andrei has clarified this so go with his ruling.

4. You're correct - the rule book doesn't state what to use for the VP track. Andrei has made the official ruling that a cube is used, so each player only has 24 cubes for technology and population.

Obviously, there are a few problems with the rule book, but Andrei has been excellent with answering questions due to this issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathstroke wrote:
4. You're correct - the rule book doesn't state what to use for the VP track. Andrei has made the official ruling that a cube is used, so each player only has 24 cubes for technology and population.

Actually, in his first answer within this thread...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/884950/5-rules-questions...

...Andrei has stated that the VP markers do not have to be population cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right - this was posted after I posted my answer (I believe).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.