lorien4 lorien4
Greece
Asprovalta
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the story:

At the end of each player's Exploration phase, the active player draws a tile from the bottom of the stack, puts it adjacent to any unexplored edge of the board and places a monster on it. The heroes must find the Surface Hollow (LoD)or the Secret Stairway tiles (CR) between 9th-12th tile.

I wouldn't recommend this for Ashardalon due to the sentry monsters, but if there are any brave adventurers out there they are most welcome to trydevil.

EDIT: The players do NOT draw encounter cards for any tile they place at the end of their exploration phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorien4 lorien4
Greece
Asprovalta
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played last night using Drizzt and Bruenor and the heroes won. Drizzt had only 4 wounds and Bruenor 7, but they spent one surge. They had a difficult time when they could not hit the Drow Priestess and enemies were closing in from all sides, but after that all went smoothly.

EDIT: When a hero does not explore, he does not place the extra tile from the bottom of the stack.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorien4 lorien4
Greece
Asprovalta
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won the adventure in CR, easily I would add.

I think that the special rule should change like this: place the tile from the bottom of the stack to the closest unexplored edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorien4 lorien4
Greece
Asprovalta
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played again using Drizzt and Bruenor and placing the tile from the bottom of the stack to the closest edge. There was much more tense now. Drizzt escaped, but Bruenor died 2 squares before freedom...A defeat for the heroes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drizzt & Bruenor are 2 of the strongest combatants so you might want try with the other heroes.

One idea if using CR's tiles is to place on any unexplored edge if the tile has no skulls and to place on closest unexplored edge if the tile has skulls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorien4 lorien4
Greece
Asprovalta
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
Drizzt & Bruenor are 2 of the strongest combatants so you might want try with the other heroes.

One idea if using CR's tiles is to place on any unexplored edge if the tile has no skulls and to place on closest unexplored edge if the tile has skulls.

Very interesting. I haven't tried yet the adventure in CR. I will tell you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorien4 lorien4
Greece
Asprovalta
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chromatic Dragon, I used your idea with the skull tiles, which turned to be quite balanced: I won the scenario with Thorgrim and Kat and lost (badly...) with Arjhan and Immeril.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now all you gotta do is figure out a story and post this as a variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.