Subject: UK game Apocalypse not in database? (pre known as Warlord?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Little Skink
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
one of my favourite games of the early 1980s was Apocalypse (we used to play in small groups after a Talisman session) but I don't see it in the boardgamegeek database

basic gameplay was quite simple and involved building up nuclear deterrents on a map of Europe/Asia, a dice was involved but not rolled for luck as I recall

Am I mis-remembering such a game? Will have to head into the attic and find my big box of old games and have a look

Did anyone else play it besides us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we used to play it in the dinner hour at school, it still appears on ebay quite a bit and i keep getting outbid for it, though perhaps i remember it being better than it really was!
It was by Games Workshop..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blazing Apostle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to type in Classic Warlord and it will take you to first edition and all the others, including the Games Workshop version. have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moxyoron wrote:
You need to type in Classic Warlord and it will take you to first edition and all the others, including the Games Workshop version. have fun.

Or just "Warlord" and then it's the 2nd item on the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the copy I own:

I didn't know it was more well known as Warlord. It used to be listed as Apocalypse, then changed later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Apocalypse, often, and Warlord, once. They are significantly more different than many other games that have separate entries here. But then the Geek's whole separation of what does and does not deserve separate entries has many flaws.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Skink
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thanks folks, that's the fella

don't remember it being fantastic as a game but was kind of fun with a few players and a good antidote to an intense Talisman session in my teen age years

if I recall correctly I coded an electronic version that used an early version of Excel that played like a cross between minesweeper and Apocalypse - ah those days of geekdom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have it. Haven't played in 20 odd years. Its my plan to get to the table at some point soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.