Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In December I'll be moving back to the UK and back to my home town area. I'll be living in Faversham so my question is, are there any groups or folk wanting a group / gaming partner in Faversham, Canterbury, Sandwich, Herne Bay, Whitstable, Teynham, Sittingbourne, Rainham, Gillingham, Chatham, Rochester, Maidstone...or villages around those?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Panic!
United Kingdom
Sevenoaks
Kent
flag msg tools
STAG Gamers - The friendliest group in Kent
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Luke,

The best group I'm aware of in the area is the Ashford group which runs on a Sunday evening. I'm pretty sure there are one or two that come from the Faversham area as well. It's a really friendly group playing a good mixture of games, and you'd be more than welcome. A bit further afield for you is the excellent Sevenoaks group run by yours truly. Other than that there was something going on Margate way, but that is too far for me, so I can't help you with any info on that one.

Hopefully see you at Ashford some time soon!

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashford would certainly be reasonable. That's where the big cinema complex is right? Bit less than half an hour, through the creepy old haunted village on the way....If it's the direction I think it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like fresh blood for the U.K. Math Trade (and, maybe, the European one as well).

Welcome back to the shores of good old Briney.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Panic!
United Kingdom
Sevenoaks
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HamsterOfFury wrote:
Ashford would certainly be reasonable. That's where the big cinema complex is right? Bit less than half an hour, through the creepy old haunted village on the way....If it's the direction I think it is.

The venue is about two minutes away from the cinemas, so if you know where those are, then it is easy to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there are some gamers in Canterbury, I'll email a couple of them I know a link to this page.

Not North Kent, but if you are at a loose end I can offer you a day of games near Chelmsford in Essex on 9th December (10 to 5) for a fiver, or a weekend long game convention near Colchester first weekend in March. Drop me a line if interested in either, or I may try to edit this to add a link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the offer but I'm moving back on the 13th so will just have to spend the 9th thinking what could have been.....Or panicking over the last minute moving worries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Honeybone
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HamsterOfFury wrote:
In December I'll be moving back to the UK and back to my home town area. I'll be living in Faversham so my question is, are there any groups or folk wanting a group / gaming partner in Faversham, Canterbury, Sandwich, Herne Bay, Whitstable, Teynham, Sittingbourne, Rainham, Gillingham, Chatham, Rochester, Maidstone...or villages around those?

We have a group that meets on a Monday in the Dolphin pub in the centre of Canterbury. We generally get 4-8 players and play a range of games - although we have recently been concentrating on the new Essen releases.

From what I can see, Canterbury has two benefits over Ashford:
1) Its closer
2) The pub food is excellent. My favourite are the immodest fish cakes, but there is plenty more on offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Being born in Canterbury and always seeing it as my spiritual home (and the first place I head when I need pretty much anything), regular trips there would be delightful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Panic!
United Kingdom
Sevenoaks
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Honeybone wrote:

From what I can see, Canterbury has two benefits over Ashford

I didn't realise there was competition here!

See what you've started, Luke? Wars have started over less! Civil war in the south east.

The Sevenoaks group is, of course, the best in Kent. Our pub has chairs, and tables. Occasionally they let us have a light on, so we can watch out for immodest fishcakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hutchinson
United Kingdom
Canterbury
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Philip Honeybone wrote:
We have a group that meets on a Monday in the Dolphin pub in the centre of Canterbury.

Hi Phil,

My wife and I are quite new to Canterbury, would you welcome a couple of extra players?

I stumbled across this thread because I was talking to the Veg Box last night about starting a regular group there. Looks like I don't need to!

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Christie
United Kingdom
Greenhithe
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is Gordian Knot Games who in association with Gravesend Gamers Guild host evenings every Wednesday and Thursday at the Three Dawes pub in Gravesend.

http://www.gordianknotgames.co.uk
http://www.gravesendgamersguild.co.uk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
East Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
www.finchleygamesclub.org
mbmbmbmbmb
de_aztec wrote:
There is Gordian Knot Games who in association with Gravesend Gamers Guild host evenings every Wednesday and Thursday at the Three Dawes pub in Gravesend.

http://www.gordianknotgames.co.uk
http://www.gravesendgamersguild.co.uk

Ah, the good ol' Gravesend Gamers Guild. So named because we couldn't think of a better name at the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Honeybone wrote:
HamsterOfFury wrote:

We have a group that meets on a Monday in the Dolphin pub in the centre of Canterbury. We generally get 4-8 players and play a range of games - although we have recently been concentrating on the new Essen releases.

From what I can see, Canterbury has two benefits over Ashford:
1) Its closer
2) The pub food is excellent. My favourite are the immodest fish cakes, but there is plenty more on offer.

What! I did my undergraduate at UKC, and even went to the Dolphin to play card games with friends as the tables were nice and huge at the back (Ligretto nights). I am disappointed I missed out on a regular group, what a bummer. Dunno how I missed that one. Still, good to know now, maybe if we are ever in the area on a Monday night...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Honeybone
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crikeymiles wrote:
Philip Honeybone wrote:
We have a group that meets on a Monday in the Dolphin pub in the centre of Canterbury.

Hi Phil,

My wife and I are quite new to Canterbury, would you welcome a couple of extra players?

I stumbled across this thread because I was talking to the Veg Box last night about starting a regular group there. Looks like I don't need to!

Mike

Hi Mike
You would be more than welcome. First meet of the new year will be Monday January 14th, 8pm - we are usually on the table called the "Bell" at the back of the pub.
Look forward to seeing you there
Regards
Philip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I shall try to be there on the 14th! Wahey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Honeybone
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just realised I hadn't posted our facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/328798131253/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.