Nicholas Gauthier
United States
Monticello
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arrrh Hey, wait a minute! That new third Wormhole is different from the others. It allows you to bring in reinforcement ships there, but only functions as a one way WH, in that you can reach there from the others, but not get back to them. "You can't get there from here." Weird.

I won two games the first time I played the Romulans in two player games. Like the Feds with Science and the Klingons with Combat, they get points for doing what they do best: sneaking around Cold War style. I'd think they'd be harder to play for a new player. For one thing, you have to keep track of what your multiple Saboteurs can do while aboard enemy ships, which gets pretty heavy in a three race game (as reported by a new player using them).

It looks like the designers have hit it out of the park again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taeblewalker wrote:
arrrh Hey, wait a minute! That new third Wormhole is different from the others. It allows you to bring in reinforcement ships there, but only functions as a one way WH, in that you can reach there from the others, but not get back to them. "You can't get there from here." Weird.

Thematic. There was only one stable wormhole in Star Trek canon, from what I can remember. There was also a TNG episode about bidding on the rights to use a wormhole thought to be stable, but it turned out to only be stable at one end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
Taeblewalker wrote:

Thematic. There was only one stable wormhole in Star Trek canon, from what I can remember. There was also a TNG episode about bidding on the rights to use a wormhole thought to be stable, but it turned out to only be stable at one end.

Yup. The Barzan wormhole was basically whipping around the galaxy like a high pressure garden hose that no one is holding: one end is secure and the other is just all over the place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.