Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Inglis
Australia
Springfield Lakes
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why so many ID tokens in this game. After Wave 1, Id tokens go upto 19. Being the cheapest Generic Pilot is Academy Pilot at 12 points, that creates a minimum of a 228 point game to field a Swarm of 19 TIE Fighters all with the same Pilot.

Anyone out there tried this??

And After Wave 2, that total moves to 28 ID tokens moving the minimum pilot value for a game to ever need 28 ID Tokens to 336 points.

How big of a table would you need to play a game of 28 TIE Fighters against 16 Rookie Pilot X-Wings (16x21=336)??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't both sides use the ID tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am grateful for all the ID tokens. I like to use the ID tokens on every ship (even unique pilots) as it can tend to help speed up the game if they are in ascending order. I've never used all of them in a game (yet), but I enjoy really large battles every once in a while.

Plus, I'm sure it wasn't very expensive for them to add the ID tokens in. I'd rather have too many then run out someday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably also has to do with the distribution. Any blister only contains three different ID numbers IIRC. so, while someone who buys everything ends up with a lot of ID tokens, someone who focuses on a single ship type may have a narrower selection at their disposal. FFG has done a fine job making sure both types of customers will have enough ID tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jttm wrote:
Don't both sides use the ID tokens?

Each one has a white and black side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom brown
United Kingdom
Stanley
Co. Durham
flag msg tools
CROM THE INVINCIBLE, SAVIOR OF THE GRUNGE MASTERS DAUGHTER
badge
HE JUST CANT BE KILLED, OR CAN HE???
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah if im playing with beginners all using my ships I like to number every ship being used in ascending order of pilot skill, so everyone knows what order ships move in at a glance.

If im playing someone who knows what they are doing and building their own squads, I generally only number the eyeballs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
better more then less.

if they didn't put enough we would complain a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rdonoso wrote:
better more then less.

if they didn't put enough we would complain a lot.

After all, you only really need one green and one red die right? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Freybeck
msg tools
mbmbmb
The numbers exist in case multiple people field multiple generic pilots on either faction. I played a game with a very similar number of ships starting (15 Rebel against 27 Imperials) we played on a space 36 inches by 50 inches, it was a little cramped at first in set up with the Ties spread across one entire long side, but as soon as the fighting started, it was no problem. The Rebels used the numbers to field a 4 ship squad of Red Squadron Pilots, and the Imperials used the numbers to filed 3 different wings of generic pilots including Tempest, Black, and Academy Pilots. In most smaller games the number tokens aren't nessisary, but in the bigger matches, they are very useful. You have to believe FFG always intended this game to be played at a larger scale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Simmons
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
I think they are just trying to be decent when it comes to make sure they are accommodating as many players as you want in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Inglis
Australia
Springfield Lakes
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kamekkusu wrote:
I am grateful for all the ID tokens. I like to use the ID tokens on every ship (even unique pilots) as it can tend to help speed up the game if they are in ascending order. I've never used all of them in a game (yet), but I enjoy really large battles every once in a while.

Plus, I'm sure it wasn't very expensive for them to add the ID tokens in. I'd rather have too many then run out someday.

Thats a great idea.. I'm gonna do that.. Helps New Players and Young players with the flow of the game...

Just out of all the tokens in the game, Shield tokens are very limited... When you look at the stock photo of the Falcon, it only comes with 5 Shield tokens which is the Falcon's Shield value, but in the expansion there is 2 Shield Upgrade cards... I would rather of had a few less ID tokens for a couple more Shield tokens..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny, that is the second time I heard someone remark that you may not get all the tokens you need in the Falcon pack, which is a deviation from wave 1, where every pack contained just enough tokens to use that ship and everything in it in every possible situations.

The other poster (I don't remember where I saw this) commented that the Falcon did not include an evade token, even though one of the upgrade cards gives that ability. Also, the Falcon doesn't include target lock tokens (but I believe there are plenty in the base set, which is required for play)

Most of us probably bought enough of all the different ships to not worry too much about an evade token, but a shield token may be a different thing. The supply of shield tokens is very limited at this point, mainly because the most abundant ship (tie fighter) doesn't come with any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rickard
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grelvis wrote:
Just out of all the tokens in the game, Shield tokens are very limited... When you look at the stock photo of the Falcon, it only comes with 5 Shield tokens which is the Falcon's Shield value, but in the expansion there is 2 Shield Upgrade cards... I would rather of had a few less ID tokens for a couple more Shield tokens..

If they don't include shield tokens for the Shield Upgrade cards I would assume you just discard the upgrade or flip it over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertDD wrote:
Funny, that is the second time I heard someone remark that you may not get all the tokens you need in the Falcon pack, which is a deviation from wave 1, where every pack contained just enough tokens to use that ship and everything in it in every possible situations.

The other poster (I don't remember where I saw this) commented that the Falcon did not include an evade token, even though one of the upgrade cards gives that ability. Also, the Falcon doesn't include target lock tokens (but I believe there are plenty in the base set, which is required for play)

Most of us probably bought enough of all the different ships to not worry too much about an evade token, but a shield token may be a different thing. The supply of shield tokens is very limited at this point, mainly because the most abundant ship (tie fighter) doesn't come with any.

It does come with an evade token, but not target locks. You can see them here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-X-Wing-FFG-Millennium-Falc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.