Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,
ok so the two games are completely different, both would be very suitable for our group.
Budget tight with xmas around the corner , i can only buy one this side of christmas, both games getting very high ratings..can't make up my mind,
can anyone here sway me to one or the other?.
both look amazing games in their own right.
obviously i will ask same ques on zombicide forum.
thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Get Mice & Mystics!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
take it as a sign your in the mice and mystic forum
unless you posted in zombie game x too..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both. Rob a convenience store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Saluga
United States
Ramsey
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mice & Mystics is cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played Zombicide, but it does sound fun. You probably can't go wrong either way. Flip a coin. Then get Mice and Mystics. ;^)

A better question might be who you're planning to play with. If you might want to be able to play with some smaller kids, Mice and Mystics is probably the better choice. I can play it well enough with my 3 and 5 year old kids. They might not appreciate the theme and mechanics of Zombicide nearly as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, according to your collection, you already own Zombicide, so I'd say buy Mice & Mystics next.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No need for two co-ops with a scenario based layout in the collection. Go with the superior of the two - Mice & Mystics.

Then, to scratch your zombie itch, go with Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game or Last Night on Earth: Timber Peak instead of Zombicide.

You can almost get both of these for about the same price as Zombicide...maybe 10 bucks more...or pounds...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry William, my bad, i had ticked "want to buy", not sure how or why i had own, think it maybe so i could leave a comment in the ratings..which as well refers to "wanting the game" after reading rules, watching reviews etc, just like i have for mice and mystics.
i do not own either "yet", but tomorrow, one of them will be ordered. thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i am leaning towards mice & mystics, the other tom, you make interesting points to consider, thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mice Mystics is easily the most fun I've had gaming in quite some time. I can suggest it w no reservation. Zombicide, meh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindy Castro
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you can't go wrong with either game. I own M&M and have only played once with my son and it was a blast. I've played about four games of Zombicide and its been amazing fun. The plays Zombicide has left us wanting to play another session. I would tend to suggest Zombicide first if you have to choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ayumi Hakase
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely Mice and Mystics. My gaming group has both games, and Zombicide doesn't hit the table all that often, in comparison.

Our gang find M & M easy to play and one of the most entertaining dungeon crawls ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The question is, what kind of gaming night do you want to have? Do you want...

(A) an evening filled with a story driven adventure and heroics, HUZZAH!...

or

(B) a tense, heart pounding "OMG, THERE'S TOO MANY, WE'RE GOING TO DIE" evening?

They're both great games so you can't go wrong either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like a very story driven game then go with Mice and Mystics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played both. Zombicide is an amazing game. Mice is as well, but you play Mice for a different reason. Mice is more of an RPG-inspired dungeon crawler with neat, innovative mechanics and a great story. Zombicide is almost literally a zombie shoot'em up video game translated to board game. What are you in the mood for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombicide is inferior, IMO. There is no narrative, and the game does not scale at all for the number of players. Additionally it has the stupidest rules for firing a gun or ramming zombies with a car, when another human player is present. Immersion-breakingly stupid.

Of course, zombies are like catnip for some people, so if you guys are ga-ga for zombies, then go for it, although I think Last Night on Earth is a better zombie game.

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kris kline

Santa Barbara
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Christmas is indeed around the corner and M&M is much more Christmas-y. If you had posted this question end of Sept or start of October, I would have gone for the Halloween type theme. But with thanksgiving and Christmas, this is a family type time of the year and that would be M&M.

Get Zombicide later when the hype dies down...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damean Rendell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both fantastic games and you would not go wrong picking either one.... the other will always be around for a later pick up.

Mice & Mystics is the current go to dungeon crawl game for our group. I think it will replace the D&D boardgames for that genre for me. Like wise Zombicide has kicked Last night on earth to the curb for the zombie genre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I love mice and mystics, as do my several friends who picked it up. Easy to get into, but exciting and tense gameplay make it a blast.

My game group tried two games of zombicide. The game is meh, doesn't seem super well playtested to us. And one of the scenarios we played was completely broken (although I think a fixed version has been posted on their website).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Herring
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
They are both quite good actually but also radically different. I can tell you that with my general gaming group we have played Zombiecide a ton.

Mice and Mystics is great where you can count on a small group playing regularly to complete the story line. You can do each chapter as a one off but that is not as good an experience.

If you have a large group that has new people popping in and out often Zombiecide might be a better bet.

Mice & Mystics is focused on the great on going story and is less strategic (M&M combat is very simple) than Zombicide but Zombiecide story is light and sometimes hardly even makes sense...but, it is a zombie game so what do ya want.
You really can't go wrong either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
her in doors has given me the nod on buying both- happy days. thanks for all replies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kadian O'Reilly
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
where did we find this guy? he adds things to his collection before he even buys them.............even if he buys themwhistlehe done the same as a kid nicking my toys and saying they were his..............he will probably buy another version of Monopoly or Clue again as he has a cupboard full of them.Dont see them mentioned in his collection!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.