Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,
ok so the two games are completely different, both would be very suitable for our group.
Budget tight with xmas around the corner , i can only buy one this side of christmas, both games getting very high ratings..can't make up my mind,
can anyone here sway me to one or the other?.
both look amazing games in their own right.
obviously i will ask same ques on mice & mystics forum.
thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
hi,
ok so the two games are completely different, both would be very suitable for our group.
Budget tight with xmas around the corner , i can only buy one this side of christmas, both games getting very high ratings..can't make up my mind,
can anyone here sway me to one or the other?.
both look amazing games in their own right.
obviously i will ask same ques on mice & mystics forum.
thank you

I have both, but I've only played M&M once so far (just got it). You're right: they're very different games. They're both great, but they each play best with a different number of players. M&M is for up to 4 players, while zombicide goes to 6 - and most scenarios are balanced for 6 survivors (heroes), so if you're playing with 4 players and don't want to lose all the time, you might find it necessary for some players to control 2 survivors.

Also, M&M is all about the story and works best as a campaign. I'd recommend M&M if you'll always be playing with the same group of people who are dedicated to seeing it through all 11 missions in order. In contrast, Zombicide is the kind of game you can pull out and play with just about anybody, anytime. Each scenario is independent, although there is also a multi-mission campaign you can download from the Guillotine Games web site.

So if you have 4 players, I'd recommend M&M. If you have 5-6, I'd recommend Zombicide. If you have exactly 3, I'd recommend either or both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you Jeff, we are more often 4 players, but approx fortnightly we are 6 plus players.
i am leaning towards mice & mystics for now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy Zombicide a lot more than M&M currently. I find the choices in Zombicide fairly difficult and the choices in M&M second nature. Especially on some of the larger maps, things can get very tricky in Zombicide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan T
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my gaming groups love Zombicide but I´ve been starting to look for a replacement game to bring when the group gets tired of Zombicide. Is M&M the game to bring next? Or are there other suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.