Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Superheroes,

Can you pump Beserker rage after you play it? The card says to draw 3 cards first so yo uautomatically get +3 attack, then for each extra card you've drawn this turn, you get another +1 attack. If I were to draw some cards that lets me draw additonal cards, would that let me keep adding to the attack total?

thanks

Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.J.
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the specific card text but if it is based on cards you draw, then yes if you draw and play cards that let you draw more cards, then yes, they would count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the question. When you play a card from your hand, you completely finish performing all of that card's abilities before you move on to playing other cards.

Wolverine's "Berserker Rage" says:

"Draw three cards.
[INSTINCT ICON]: You get +1 Attack for each extra card you’ve drawn this turn."

If you get to use this card's special Superpower [INSTINCT] ability, you'll count how many extra cards you've drawn so far that turn and get that much extra Attack immediately. (The Attack bonus should be at least +3.) You won't keep getting additional Attack for additional extra cards you might draw later in the turn.

-Devin Low meeple
Designer, Legendary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.J.
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Drawn so far" ... There we go...

So, if one of the cards you draw lets you draw more BEFORE you trigger the instinct icon ability, those count, right?

EDIT: Apparently you play all of the superpower abilities based on cards played BEFORE... The guy who taught me the game said that the ability only triggers if you play a triggering card AFTER you have played a card.

The correct way makes it much easier to keep track of. I don't think this affected much last night when we played but it is a good clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi R.J.,

Yup, under Superpower Ability on page 11: "You can use that special Superpower ability only if you have already played another card of that hero class earlier in your turn."

If you play another card that draws extra cards earlier in your turn, like Wolverine's "Keen Senses", then those cards will also count for Berserker Rage's bonus. (Once you play Berserker Rage and start drawing 3 cards, the bonus won't include any other future cards you play to draw extra cards later in the turn.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.