NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Wherever I stand I stand with Israel
mbmbmb
Hey Folks,

I'am lost in the woods of Arsuf (haha).

My questions are:

1) is the first crusader activation a free activation, e.g. can I use it for a slow march?

2) does 'frankish' for Guy de Lusignans command really mean only the units with 'Frank' printed on the counter or all units with a black stripe. (I think the former, but im not sure)

3) can I roll for continuation for the knights/infanty after an activation with the same kind of troop, e. g. activate the knights again, just with another leader.

Thank in advance,

Michail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
Michail,

1) Yes, the first Crusader Activation is a Free Activation and could be used for Slow March (I always did). Per the definition of Free Activation in section 2.4 "...or is the first Activation of the game."

2) Unfortunately for Guy, yes frankish means only those counters with Frank printed on them. He isn't a really useful engine, as they would say in the train show my son watches.

3) Yes, there is no written restriction on which troop type you attempt to Continue with, only which leader (not a single leader twice in a row). This is a great strength of the Crusaders, as they can take back to back activations with the Knights, allowing them to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michail Potemkin
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thank you Ralph This is a great game, but sometimes a little bit confusing.

Michail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
If you have questions, please ask! I'm more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michail Potemkin
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I think I'am just to used to formalized ASL style rules. I played nothing else than asl in the last few years. But despite all the ASL playing, I forgot the most importand rule: COWTRA. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
Nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.