Subject: expansions to Marklin rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwyane Derksen
Canada
Warman
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
I am wondering if the Ticket to Ride Map Collection Volume 2 - India & Swtzerland, work with the Ticket to Ride Marklin edition. Or if any other expansions work with this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Vincent
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple of related threads worth reading. This one includes a handy summary and links to the others.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/699636/upgrading-from-ma...

The new Africa map (collection #3) doesn't add any new requirements. It uses the standard 110 card deck and 45 train cars each for up to five players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sara91113 wrote:
I am wondering if the Ticket to Ride Map Collection Volume 2 - India & Swtzerland, work with the Ticket to Ride Marklin edition. Or if any other expansions work with this game?

I see it this way:
All expansions work well with the TtR Märklin edition EXCEPT for the Märklin train card deck having a different card distribution. As the proportions are slightly different between the decks, the perfect balance is not there. Unless you play board games as a professional however, you would probably have a pretty nice experience anyway...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sara91113 wrote:
U mean using Marklin with other TtR games? I would say not, as the Passenger cards and 4+ wilds either won't mean anything on other maps, or be unbalanced.

As for exp to Marklin, the minor exps: TtR 1912 (just the warehouse module) and Alvin & Dexter work with any TtR game with a board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Stimson
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to take 5 trains out of the normal 45 to play Switzerland anyway, what's another step of taking some locomotives out of the deck? You have enough pretty plastic trains, you have cards with pictures of pretty trains, you're good.

I'd think the wildcard balance would be a more severe issue on India than it is in Switzerland, as the wilds are a bit less valuable in Switzerland anyway.

You don't need to use the passengers on other maps any more than you need to use the Europe stations on other maps. It's just whatever makes you happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DTee wrote:
There are a couple of related threads worth reading. This one includes a handy summary and links to the others.

The new Africa map (collection #3) doesn't add any new requirements. It uses the standard 110 card deck and 45 train cards each for up to five players.

I thought it used terrain cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Vincent
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
DTee wrote:

The new Africa map (collection #3) doesn't add any new requirements. It uses the standard 110 card deck and 45 train cars each for up to five players.

It uses terrain cards _in addition_ to the standard 110 card deck and 45 train cars per player. Because it comes with the terrain cards, the list of things you need to have already is unchanged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DTee wrote:
rickert wrote:
DTee wrote:

It uses terrain cards _in addition_ to the standard 110 card deck and 45 train cars per player. Because it comes with the terrain cards, the list of things you need to have already is unchanged.

But you wrote that it didn't need any new requirements and I think it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Stimson
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
DTee wrote:

You're just being unhelpfully pedantic. The OP wanted to know if his Marklin game could work with expansions. It can. The fact that expansions come with extra bits is irrelevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Umbrageofsnow wrote:
rickert wrote:
DTee wrote:

You're just being unhelpfully pedantic. The OP wanted to know if his Marklin game could work with expansions. It can. The fact that expansions come with extra bits is irrelevant.

And you're being unquestionably narrow minded just because you used misleading wording. All kinds of people interested in this map pack may read this thread. The proper thing to do would have been to say that what you wrote wasn't exactly correct and correct it. Instead you attack me for being "pedantic." How will I ever live with myself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DTee wrote:

But you wrote that it didn't need any new requirements and I think it does.[/q]

It also requires Africa tickets and an Africa board, but nobody is counting them because they are included in the box.

The point of the thread is to highlight what components you will need prior to buying the Map collections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.