Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand this game is similar to GBoH. Can anyone tell me how it is similar/different from GBoH? Also do the battles in this game suffer from counter clutter like some of the GBoH titles?

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michail Potemkin
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Wherever I stand I stand with Israel
mbmbmb
I don't know GBoH, but I think Infidel is simpler. There is no real counter clutter in Infidel. Two counter and one marker maximum in a stack....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's nice to hear. My biggest complaint with GBoH was after a while there were so many cohesion markers, you couldn't see either the units or the cohesion status. Typically I try to place the marker adjacent, so if infidel has room for that, it's a big plus!

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michail Potemkin
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Wherever I stand I stand with Israel
mbmbmb
Infildel has no room to place markers beside the units, because it is importand that you keep units of one command near together. But Infidel has just not so many markers. If you can remember a few things for a minute or so, you need no marker at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michail Potemkin wrote:
Infildel has no room to place markers beside the units, because it is importand that you keep units of one command near together. But Infidel has just not so many markers. If you can remember a few things for a minute or so, you need no marker at all.

You sold me. It's going on the Christmas list. Thanks for the input.

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
There are no cohesion hits, units have three states (really four): Normal, Disorderd (flipped to it's reverse side), Retired (which requires a counter), and Eliminated. There is also no Missile No or Missile Low state, that kind of detail has been abstracted away. Most markers are only placed on units for one attack (for a Shock or Charge marker) or for one "turn" (Activation), so they don't clutter the map or the units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael esposito
United States
morton grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love both systems!

GBoH is definately more complex, but that don't mean its better. Love MoI, simpler, faster, but still gives the feeling of tactical control and the "slug it out" feeling of medieval warfare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.