Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's possible this is just a Linux thing, but holy crap this site is nearly unplayable for me.

When playing Dominion, well first off the chat window doesn't work, I just great a grey box but no way to type anything...

And then *everything* just takes *forever* to process - you go into the game "lounge" area to find a table, and it takes like 3 minutes to bring up the list.

You're in the game, and it takes several seconds to process every click, and it gets exponentially worse with every card in play.

Lord help you if somebody plays something like a Library card - I could seriously go make a sandwich and come back before it processes.

Yeah, I seriously don't see myself becoming a regular....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
teasel bonne
msg tools
last time i played it was pretty normal but people have been reporting problem with chrome recently so maybe it's your browser?

here's a video for reference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ghO-S2uQk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It very much depends on browser. Recently there were problems with new Chrome release.

Best thing is to report your problems at https://getsatisfaction.com/goko - I had no problems yet so I don't have first hand experience, but this thread: https://getsatisfaction.com/goko/topics/my_account_is_gone-m... and generally quick responses from their staff (during their office hours) hint that they really put effort into solving problems once they are reported. For me (Firefox on Windows 7) the game works perfectly now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on Firefox 9.0.1 on Linux - it runs like crap soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
United States
Farmingdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadoglare wrote:

"like" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
teg2 wrote:
Shadoglare wrote:

"like" ?

Sorry, I don't understand your meaning.

If this was a minor attempt at an OS flame war I'm not interested, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
United States
Farmingdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadoglare wrote:
teg2 wrote:
Shadoglare wrote:

"like" ?

Sorry, I don't understand your meaning.

If this was a minor attempt at an OS flame war I'm not interested, however.

No, not at all an attempt at an OS flame war. Big fan of Linux here. Even met Linus back in the day Had my little contributions here and there as well.

I was really referring to Goko and the big fiasco it turned out to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I originally checked the site out when people here were bitching about it (as they say, any publicity is good publicity). Played a few games of Dominion, and everything went swimmingly. I thought "what's everyone complaining about? This is great!"

The next day, all I got was a black screen (perhaps this was the Dark Ages expansion at work!). This condition persisted for a week or two.

Presently, and for the past two weeks, the main menu will load, but it won't register my clicks.

The actual implementation of the game was great, so I'll keep checking in periodically to see if they get their shit together. But I'm certainly glad I didn't purchase anything, and I don't reckon I ever will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
teasel bonne
msg tools
i've just tried playing a few games and everything went smoothly,the only oddity i had was that when i was on the lobby there would be a script giving an error,i told firefox to stop the script and everything went fine after so maybe that script is what causing your problem?

in case it can help i'm using firefox 16.0.2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.