Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lolondir Surion
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

I'm from Germany and participating in a Board Game Secret Santa (the one from the DiceTower). My target lives in Brasil.

After checking the shipping costs from Germany or even the US to Brasil I'm now searching for another solution then sending something from over here...

My plan is to order the game in an onlineshop for boardgames in Brasil and let it directly send to my target from there. Now I've still got two problems:

1. I don't know any online boardgames shop in Brasil
2. Most shops I've discovered after a short Google search are in Portuguese language...

Could someone please help me? Is there a recommendation for a boardgame online shop in Brasil? Preferably one with English language?

Hope to get help very soon - so my presend will arrive before Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
FLORIANOPOLIS
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I do all my shoppings using coolstuffinc.com
There are no boardgames shops in Brazil that I am aware of.

Most of the shops here are just re-sales or imports. They are more expensive but you wont have the risk of your gift being taxed at Customs.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glauco Micsik Roberti
Brazil
Sao Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
publisher
Berserkr Jogos
badge
Berserkr Jogos
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I do own a boardgame shop in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and may be able to help you (and offer a discount). Please be aware that board game prices in Brazil tend to be very high, as Brazilian customs charge an astonishing 60% tax. You can simply send me a message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mads Fløe
Denmark
Aarhus C
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in a similar situation recently. I was in distress, but then I saw this guy offering his help:

Vito Francisco Chiarella
Brazil
Florianopolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I geekmailed him, and this was his response:

There are some stores in Brazil, although they are expensier than buying in the USA, the shipping is close to none:
- http://www.boardgames.com.br/ seens to be a good recomendation, I have not bought from this store, but I asked around and it's trustworthy.
- http://www.dragonshouse.com.br/ this store is really close to me, so if your target lives in florianopolis, or near the south of the country it might be cheaper (also they are official revenuers of FFG, so FFG are cheaper here)
- http://www.tabernadodragao.com.br/loja/jogos-de-tabuleiro-c-... here you might find something

Now, for stores outside the country I usually buy things from www.fantasyflightgames.com www.coolstuffinc.com or http://www.boardsandbits.com/ also amazon and ebay are good choices (and you might find some free shippings in ebay).

If you buy from outside Brazil remember to mark your order as a gift, because else your target will have to pay 60% taxes (even with the marked as a gift sometimes it is taxed). For us here in Brazil we take it as a gamble, if it gets taxed we end up paying the same as in the stores here, if not we got the game cheaper.

Long story short, if you manage to find something you can afford on one of those stores here in brazil, I would recommend you buying there (remember that 2R$ = 1U$).

To save on shipping, you can use thebookdepository.com - they offer free world wide shipping, including Brazil. However they sell mostly books (and LOTS of them), so finding the games is hard, as they are not categorized as such, but are listed the same as the books. But then there is more help from bgg in this thread here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/71514/buying-board-games-a...

They have mainly games from Fantasy Flight Games, but many others.

Remember that your target will have to pay 60& tax in anything they receive with a combined (game + shipping) value of $50 or more.

Another workaround for this, is to look for a game on bgg's marketplace. You might be able to find someone, who will giftwrap the game, and send it without a receipt - possibly even with a note from you.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lolondir Surion
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks to everyone for your replies!

After measuring the alternatives I've figured out, that the best way for me is to buy the game here in Germany and send it over to Brasil. That's still cheaper than anything else.

Again, thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Moransard
Netherlands
Amsterdam
NH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly the thread I was looking for, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prince Adam The Coward
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
How does this work?
badge
Ah, now I see!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks mate - saved me a lot of trouble

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad I found this thread. My target in the 2014 secret santa is located in Brasil. Better than Kazakhstan that I had last year I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Libonati Rocha
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may buy from the publisher websites

Google for Galápagos, devir Brasil and funbox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glauco Micsik Roberti
Brazil
Sao Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
publisher
Berserkr Jogos
badge
Berserkr Jogos
mbmbmbmbmb
As usual, we are helping people deliver BGG Secret Santas' games in Brazil. Feel free to send me a message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have a target in Brazil this year. I've been stressing out a bit as their wishlist is very small & with mostly hard to get items. This thread has helped helped ease my mind a little though. I thought it wouldn't get harder that Sweden last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dion wrote:
I also have a target in Brazil this year. I've been stressing out a bit as their wishlist is very small & with mostly hard to get items. This thread has helped helped ease my mind a little though. I thought it wouldn't get harder that Sweden last year.

Try my target from last year.

Kazakhstan...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benzy311 wrote:
Dion wrote:

Try my target from last year.

Kazakhstan...

Hopefully I'll never have to.

This is the 4th year I've done it & would've thought I'd have had US target by now judging from BGG user base. Not that I mind much, but I'm a little suspicious of how the targets are randomly assigned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.