Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read stuff about promo cards won at shows ,Cards made up with own picture.

In the UK we get to look at new things then on that decide to put more money into the game.

it would be nice to see the stuff here so we can have see it up close.

Amos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in the US and still don't see that stuff. Given that LBG mostly attends cons on the East coast right now, I suspect as the game picks up in popularity, more people will have access to those kinds of promos.

Maus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hope so ,trying to get people over here to play would like to order the umpire set but if i do a small order it ends up costing twice as much after packing,if i do a large order i get hit for duty over here $50 last time so i it's hard on UKers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Coble
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Lead Cotillion - http://flintlocklaser.blogspot.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
420017 wrote:
(plz put gift it would have saved me $50)

Isn't lying on the customs form a bad idea, though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can often 'get away with it' buying from an individual, but a company sending something marked "gift" is very likely to be noticed and then both the sender and receiver have a problem.

However, on the positive side and shifting back to the original post...

If you note the "convention photos and session reports" contest thread, I'm sure the Lost Battalion folks would consider supporting people in Europe who wanted to play/demo SMG at conventions over there.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/880406/convention-photosessi...

I'd recommend talking with them in advance to discuss the con, expected attendees, what sort of SMG stuff you have available, etc, but it will certainly be possible to get things like the customized leaders or promotions to your Soldiers if someone wants to make the effort.

The Lost Battalion folks have done a lot of work to make the game easier to deal with for FLGS folks too (it's for sale in Germany now), so if you UK folks believe you have a game store that would be interested in handling the game, talk to them about it and have them get in touch with the LBG folks. We would love to have more gamers playing and realize high shipping and customs duties are a barrier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.