Popular Tags: [View All]
Arnold Daly
United States
Harrisburg
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the question but can someone explain the differences please.Do we lose the amount of mana equal to the damage taken or is it a flat value.For example the two cards staff of the arcanum,and mana leech do they work the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolay Kamishev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmb
The + values can stack the other can`t. So in the future may be there will be a way to increase the + value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See the wording for Aegis X or Regenerate X in the Codex for additional details about how some traits don't stack.

Essentially if there is a '+' or '-' sign, then the trait can stack. No sign means no stacking.

So the current effect is the same since there are no spells that will stack with these attacks. In the future I expect new spells will change the situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnold Daly
United States
Harrisburg
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I worded the question wrong,how much mana do you lose with the above traits?Is it one for one with damage taken or is it just one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a flat value based on the X value. See Mana Drain +X in the Codex on page 42.

So Mana Drain 1 or Mana Drain +1 abilities both cause a one point loss of mana supply from the damaged mage. Note the wording in the Codex since damage must occur before the drain can happen. If your opponent blocks the attack with armor or spells, then there is no mana drain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnold Daly
United States
Harrisburg
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Tom.I played it where it was one for one with damage....and the wizard kept sucking me dry lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C Connor Jr
United States
Jamestown
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Here is the rule and the cards in question:

Quote:
Mana Drain +X
If this attack damages an enemy creature, that creature’s controller loses
X mana from his mana supply (if he has any). If the attack makes multiple
attacks against the same or different objects, it gains this bonus only for the first attack it makes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Pope
United States
Sachse
Texas
flag msg tools
It is a flat amount. Whatever X is, that's how much Mana is drained, as long as damage is dealt.

A good defense against this is to spend all your mana each round before it gets drained!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.