Popular Tags: [View All]
Lyonnel Lee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone boasted that Nexus Ops is TI3-lite, without the political hassle and the tedious logistical planning. Now the thing that really got us going for TI3 was the space battles, so when Dick got this we couldn't wait to sink our chompers in. It was a 4 player rumble, Mark, Dick, Wee and I.

The glossy but comprehensive rules were a piece of cake. Rich actually explained the rules while we were busy punching out the parts and got through the rules pretty easily. At the start everyone was busy getting more mines and units using the encounters while Dick quickly purchase 4 rock striders and proceeded to perch them on the Monolith. This in essence was similar to TI3 as we usually played you could only get the 2 pts from the Imperial Strategy if you controlled Metacol Rex. This move took us by suprise cos we had not many units around the Monolith that could launch an offensive. Dick quickly built up a big advantage by drawing 2 energize cards a turn.

It didn't help that Mark was jousting for mines for me on my left and Wee came from my right. Perhaps the only thing that checked Dick was that he was collecting much less Rubidiums from his mines than us. Mark decided to purchase his first dragon, which was a constant annoyance for me. It alerted everyone to its usefulness, (like PDS with deep space cannons - TI3) and pretty soon everyone had a couple, which helped to knock Dick off the Monolith.

Meanwhile I managed to hold of Mark and take over Wee's mines and the scores between me and Dick were neck to neck (we both had 10). During my turn I tried to accomplish my last secret mission (2pts for winning a battle on a crystaline patch) but alas the dice went against me, leaving Dick to romp to victory. I guess the huge stack of energize cards he stocked up really contributed to it.

Final Scores :

Dick 12
ME 11
Wee 8
Mark 6

Will we be playing this again? You betcha. Only problem is that TI3 might have to take a back seat for now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.