Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

A Touch of Evil: Something Wicked Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: "You Go First!" card question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Farrell Seymore
United States
Opelika
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing last night, we were wondering in a cooperative game if you could use the card on another Hero if that hero does not have an ally accompanying them. Thoughts...?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fbsfbs wrote:
After playing last night, we were wondering in a cooperative game if you could use the card on another Hero if that hero does not have an ally accompanying them. Thoughts...?


Here is the wording of the card in question:

Quote:
Play this card when any Hero (including yourself) takes one or more Wounds in a Fight. Prevent all of those Wounds and instead choose one Ally that the Hero must discard. .


If I'm understanding the question, you're asking if Hero A could play the card on Hero B to allow them to Prevent Wounds if Hero B did not have any Allies? No.

If the question is can Hero A play the card on Hero B (who does not have any Allies) & take the wounds in his stead, again, by the rules I'd have to say no.

But if they were in the same space it would make a good house rule.
---MS
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farrell Seymore
United States
Opelika
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
M00NSYLVER wrote:
fbsfbs wrote:
After playing last night, we were wondering in a cooperative game if you could use the card on another Hero if that hero does not have an ally accompanying them. Thoughts...?


Here is the wording of the card in question:

Quote:
Play this card when any Hero (including yourself) takes one or more Wounds in a Fight. Prevent all of those Wounds and instead choose one Ally that the Hero must discard. .


If I'm understanding the question, you're asking if Hero A could play the card on Hero B to allow them to Prevent Wounds if Hero B did not have any Allies? No.

If the question is can Hero A play the card on Hero B (who does not have any Allies) & take the wounds in his stead, again, by the rules I'd have to say no.

But if they were in the same space it would make a good house rule.
---MS


We played the situation as I could not use the card as the Hero B had no ally. It was basically a useless card. We were playing a coop game, so this card seems useless given that game type. I could see it could really be handy in a competitive game though. Thanks for the input!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fbsfbs wrote:
We played the situation as I could not use the card as the Hero B had no ally. It was basically a useless card. We were playing a coop game, so this card seems useless given that game type. I could see it could really be handy in a competitive game though. Thanks for the input!


This is a fantastic card in co-op. It buys you a whole extra fight round in the showdown, since you can prevent ALL your wounds, as long as you have an ally. It's pretty much the same as Knocked Away, which requires you to have an item instead of an ally. Whenever I get one of these cards, my expectations for victory go way up. It's really easy to get an ally -- just hire the Guide from the Monastery for 1 Investigation.

I don't really play much in the competitive mode, but I think it would be a wicked card in that mode as well. But, playing it on yourself is so useful that I doubt I would ever try using it on an opponent unless he was about to win.

With that said, I agree you should not be allowed to play it unless the Hero who is to be wounded actually has an ally card.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farrell Seymore
United States
Opelika
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:
fbsfbs wrote:
We played the situation as I could not use the card as the Hero B had no ally. It was basically a useless card. We were playing a coop game, so this card seems useless given that game type. I could see it could really be handy in a competitive game though. Thanks for the input!


This is a fantastic card in co-op. It buys you a whole extra fight round in the showdown, since you can prevent ALL your wounds, as long as you have an ally. It's pretty much the same as Knocked Away, which requires you to have an item instead of an ally. Whenever I get one of these cards, my expectations for victory go way up. It's really easy to get an ally -- just hire the Guide from the Monastery for 1 Investigation.

I don't really play much in the competitive mode, but I think it would be a wicked card in that mode as well. But, playing it on yourself is so useful that I doubt I would ever try using it on an opponent unless he was about to win.

With that said, I agree you should not be allowed to play it unless the Hero who is to be wounded actually has an ally card.


Thanks Ken. I haven't thought about your approach. I guess the late-night game play clouded my judgement on how to potentially use this card. Thanks for the input and the strategy tip!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.