Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's come up a few times. If I have a geographical region exactly right, do I also score adjacency points with that cube if another exact location is next to mine?

As well, if I have two locations exactly right and they are adjacent to one another, do I get exact AND adjacent points?

The rule book is worded in an ambiguous way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a single cube scores once, so if it is exactly right I take those points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, just score the cube one time. Adjacency points are scored a lesser number of points for being close on your guess - you can't be right and almost right with the same cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bring it up because we played a game last night and one person got more points for being adjacent (several cubes) than the person who got it right on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - that can happen. Part of the game is gambling - the more cubes you put out the more points you can get, but if you are wrong you can have them taken away and reduce your future chances. I think it's a great gambling game as well as educational - not many of those around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheeseburger wrote:
I bring it up because we played a game last night and one person got more points for being adjacent (several cubes) than the person who got it right on.

That's fair enough, although it would beg the question why the person who got the right area didn't also go for the extra points by going for the adjacent areas too (unless they didn't trust their own answer).

If you are sure of your answer, or just want to bluff the other players, grabbing adjacent areas as well is usually a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested to know if others count sea areas as legally adjacent to correct land areas, and score points for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely. We have always counted them as adjacent, because they are (granted the animal in question may not inhabit it, but it is still a valid adjacent area). At least one of the Atlantic Ocean areas gets a lot of use because of that cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
Absolutely. We have always counted them as adjacent, because they are (granted the animal in question may not inhabit it, but it is still a valid adjacent area). At least one of the Atlantic Ocean areas gets a lot of use because of that cool

Good, us too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
If you are sure of your answer, or just want to bluff the other players, grabbing adjacent areas as well is usually a good idea.

I did this just yesterday. The good old Humboldt Penguin gave me a load of points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Havighorst
Germany
Haltern am See
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every cube is only scored once (if it all)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.