Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked this game up from Orc's Nest this week. Read a lot about it on BGG and it sounded good.

I watched the outstanding video review from the German gent, and didn't need to even look at the rules. Well done that man!

So first game was as per title.

Result... Heroes won with HP left as follows...

Legacy...11
Haka.....12
Wraith...12

What happened?

Legacy
Played a strong support role. Boosted allies mostly and gave the Baron the odd hit. Took one for the team several times. Used one-shots quite a bit and a couple of ongoings to add damage dealt and reduce damage taken. Used his inherent power almost every turn to increase ally damage. My only worry with Legacy is that he can take a lot of damage in the game, but had no good healing options.

Haka
Combination of direct damage one shots and a bit of self healing. A couple of rampages put the hurt on several enemies at once at just the right times. He got his club out right at start so never used his inherent power. Club does same damage and allows card draw. Solid nibbling damage. I found Haka to be a durable toughie doing steady if limited damage.

Wraith
OH...MY...WORD. Looking at the art, I assumed that Wraith would be a stealthy hero with some gadgets. She turned out to be a DAMAGE MONSTER. She has a great deck cycling engine with the funding card. Found neat equipment and layed out the razor ordinance plus targeting unit for massive damage every turn. Projectile damage of 3 plus targetting unit 2 plus Legacy boost 1 for total of 6 damage each turn. AMAZING. Then she played utility belt to deal six damage and also reduce incoming damage by two each turn. Truly awesome. She was all about equipment and damage dealing. She didn't need to use her wildly effective flying equipment attack, but it could have done 14 damage!

Megaopolis
The environments played a small part. In particular the no hero powers effect and no hero cards effect. Nothing major, though the runaway train COULD have caused problems had it come out earlier.

In summary, I loved this game. Very evocative of the theme. Plenty of decisions to make. Very simple to understand and all info is right on the cards. The heroes were each very different in play and worked well together.

One rules query... Do the heroes HAVE to play 'clockwise from villain' or can they go in a different sequence each turn? I played clockwise per rule book.

Really enjoyed the game and will try those three vs Omnitron next.

Will post again after a few plays, after the rush has died down.

Very good first impression.

Regards,
Fentum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth H
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you enjoyed it! Welcome to the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamethrower49 wrote:
Glad you enjoyed it! Welcome to the game!

Hey Flamethrower, thanks.

So funny. I just finished reading your strategy guides for the three heroes I already used. I check back on the Geek and you just gave me a reply and some some gold. Thank you kindly young gentleman.

I REALLY enjoy emergent strategy so I don't plan to read the rest of your guides until after I use each hero. Wouldn't want to spoil the fun!

The guides are great, by the way.

Regards,
Fentum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
I had a guide, a Bedouin man, who called me 'Abu el Banat'. And whenever we'd meet another Bedouin, he'd introduce me as Abu el Banat. And the Bedouin would laugh and laugh and offer me a Pint of beer. (cont below)
badge
And I'd go to pay them for the beer and they wouldn't let me. "Abu el Banat" means "father of daughters." They thought the beer was the least they could do.
mbmbmbmbmb
Clockwise from the Villain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good report on a GREAT game.

About Legacy, the way I see it is that everytime other heroes dealt +1 or +2 damage because of my buff it is like I am doing thoses damages. Help not to get too bored playing mainly as a support, and evaluate your use of powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.