Brian Schwartz
United States
Holbrook
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

Just started playing this game today, read the rules, and thought I got it, but when I actually played it, there was much confusion. The rules are a bit difficult to understand and navigate from the book, so here are my questions:

(Thank you in advance!)

1. When a card says it does a combat check of +9, does that mean I get to add 9 extra dice to roll?

2. Once you use an item or special item, you discard it, right?

3. If there are two monsters present when a player goes to a space, do they pick which one to fight first? I know they have to evade/combat each one.

4. Is there a hand limit of how many items/spells/special items/allies you can hold?

5. I dont' get the outskirts. I know that you fill them up once you reach the monster limit, but do those monsters actually enter the game at any point? Let's say the monster limit is 7, and one monster is added to the outskirts..and then a player defeats one. Do you immediately add the monster from the outskirts back into the game? If not, do you ever? What about if another monster is drawn?

6. I drew the Man in BLack card in the Mythos phase, and a character was already on that space that was affected. Do they deal with that during their next movement phase? It says the player MAY do the action. THat means optional, right?

7. I'm very confused by the sky. I had a monster that was flying, there were no character on the streets so I put him in the sky. At what point does he swoop down? What if multiple players are on the streets after the turn where there wasn't any? Who/how does the monster choose where to swoop down and attack? And when does he attack?

8. Let's say a clue appears at a location when there is a player there already. When do they take it? During their movement phase? or do they have to end their turn there to take it?

9. Can a player for some reason just choose not to move?

10. Let's say a character loses all their stamina. Do they have an encounter at the hospital during the Arkham phase?

11. Let's say you draw a mythos card, then you draw the monsters that come out of the gate. Then you do monster movement. Do those monsters who just appeared move as well?

Last question I think. A character has a sneak of 2. The monster's modifier is -2. They're gonna have to fight him right?

If a monster has physical immunity, does that mean you can't use ITEMS or you just can't attack them unless you're using a spell?

This was a mini novel, thank you to the person who is answering this! (Or people)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes.

2. The item is not discarded unless it specifically says so. Your +9 Powder of Ibn Ghazi is discarded. Your +9 Dread Curse of Azathoth is not.

3. Encounter them in any order you want.

4. No. Dunwich introduces Madness cards, two of which do limit certain types of cards.

5. Ordinarily, the monsters in the outskirts are only returned to the cup when the limit is exceeded by one. There are encounters in the expansions that have monsters in the outskirts attack the investigator having the encounter.

6. Man in Black is optional.

7. The flying monsters are subject to the same movement rules as the other monsters. It will only move to the sky when its symbol appears on the Mythos card.

The first time, it moves to the sky, if there is no investigator in an adjacent street area. It stays there until its symbol appears and there is an investigator in the street.

There is an illustration in the rules specifically referring to flying monsters.

8. There are two schools of thought. Some players allow the investigator to grab the clue and then move. I believe the original rules did not allow this. Personally, I have the invesigator's movement end.

I would say it's your choice, since there is no consensus.

9. Yes.

10. They can. When knocked out, they lose all of their stamina, and then get one back. At that point, they can buy back all stamina for $2, gain one for no cost, move or have an encounter.

11. Yes.

12. The investigator can spend clue tokens to make any skill check. If you choose not to spend the clue tokens, then, yes, fight.

13. You can use magical weapons and spells. The monster only has physical immunity, in your example.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schwartz
United States
Holbrook
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, That definitely helped a lot!

THe only thing I'm sketchy about is the flying monsters still, in terms of when they swoop. I will recheck rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes
2. Depends on the item. It will say on it. Elder signs get used and discarded for example.
3. Yes I believe so.
4. One ally I believe, but only a limit on how many items you can use (depicted via the hands on the cards).
5.No they don't enter the game, they are a mechanic to raise the terror level. If a monster is drawn that exceeds the limit it goes to the outskirts. If you then defeat a monster in town the next draw will go into town.
6. May means may, but not familiar with the card specifically.
7.Monsters in the sky attack investigator with the lowest sneak skill who ends turn in the streets.
8. Think they take immediately.
9. Yes.
10. Not an encounter, follow the rule printed on the board. Remember you can normally choose to have an encounter or use the option printed on the board instead.
11.Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corrections to Brian's post:

8. Officially, if the clue appears during the Mythos phase, the investigator may immediately take it (that is, he does not have to place it into his space, and then forfeit his upcoming movement). There are a couple expansion effects that can place clues onto the board outside of the Mythos phase, and that's where the true schools of thought come into play: do you follow only what's been officially allowed, or do you extrapolate the Mythos phase ruling to other, similar situations?

10. No. An investigator who is knocked unconscious or driven insane gets no further encounters that turn. He will have to wait until next turn if he wishes to pay to restore his sanity/stamina.

13. Specifically, Physical Immunity means that the combat bonus on a physical weapon drops to zero. You can use any other abilities on a physical weapon (Shotgun makes your 6s count twice; Bullwhip lets you re-roll a failed die; Sledgehammer drops the monster's toughness by 1).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
#YOLO!
mbmbmbmbmb
WittyreaderLI wrote:
Hey all,

Just started playing this game today, read the rules, and thought I got it, but when I actually played it, there was much confusion. The rules are a bit difficult to understand and navigate from the book, so here are my questions:

(Thank you in advance!)

First: welcome to the Geek, Brian. You're not the only one, so no problem there.

Quote:
1. When a card says it does a combat check of +9, does that mean I get to add 9 extra dice to roll?

Yes. But only for COMBAT rolls, not for FIGHT rolls (these rolls only use your current fight stats). The cards clearly say "combat" or "fight" checks).

Quote:
2. Once you use an item or special item, you discard it, right?

No. Only if the card itself says "discard after use".

Quote:
3. If there are two monsters present when a player goes to a space, do they pick which one to fight first? I know they have to evade/combat each one.

Yes.

Quote:
4. Is there a hand limit of how many items/spells/special items/allies you can hold?

No. But you may only use as many items in combat/fight/other checks as you have hands (read = 2). The cards have symbols with tiny hands on them if they take up a "hand" slot; if they don't, you may carry/use as many of them as you want. Select carefully which of them you're going to use in for a specific check if you have more than two items with either 1 or 2 hand slots on them.

Quote:
5. I dont' get the outskirts. I know that you fill them up once you reach the monster limit, but do those monsters actually enter the game at any point? Let's say the monster limit is 7, and one monster is added to the outskirts..and then a player defeats one. Do you immediately add the monster from the outskirts back into the game? If not, do you ever? What about if another monster is drawn?

You never add them to the board if they're in the outskirts. As per arkham horror wiki:
Quote:
The Outskirts has its own limit, equal to (8 - the number of investigators). If a monster should enter the Outskirts when it is at the limit, all monsters in the Outskirts are returned to the monster cup, and the Terror level goes up by one.

So if your monster limit is, say, 4, and you already have 3 monsters in the outskirts, and the monster limit in Arkham is full (you may not place any more monsters there) and you now have to draw 2 monsters from the cup, you:
- draw one monster; add it to the outskirts, thereby reaching the monster limit in the outskirts so you put ALL of the monsters from the outskirts BACK into the cup
- raise the Terror level by 1 (only if you cleared the outskirts due to the limit)
- then draw the second monster and add it immediately to the outskirts (since Arkham is already full)

If the number of monsters in Arkham was reduced earlier, but there are still some in the outskirts, you follow the process above, but instead of placing the first monster(s) in the outskirts, you place them in Arkham.

Quote:
6. I drew the Man in BLack card in the Mythos phase, and a character was already on that space that was affected. Do they deal with that during their next movement phase? It says the player MAY do the action. THat means optional, right?

MAY is always optional.

Quote:
7. I'm very confused by the sky. I had a monster that was flying, there were no character on the streets so I put him in the sky. At what point does he swoop down? What if multiple players are on the streets after the turn where there wasn't any? Who/how does the monster choose where to swoop down and attack? And when does he attack?

If the flying monster moves, and there is one or more investigators in a street area, it moves to the closest (from the "sky" field). If more than one share a distance, it will move to the one with the lowest Sneak score. If there is still a tie, the current First player chooses. Attack follows movement, or rather, the investigator may only move, he he evades that monster that just swooped down on him. Otherwise his movement ends and he must fight.

Quote:
8. Let's say a clue appears at a location when there is a player there already. When do they take it? During their movement phase? or do they have to end their turn there to take it?

The get the clue immediately.

Quote:
9. Can a player for some reason just choose not to move?

Yes.

Quote:
10. Let's say a character loses all their stamina. Do they have an encounter at the hospital during the Arkham phase?

Only if they choose to. Otherwise they may stay there and heal as per rules on the board.

Quote:
11. Let's say you draw a mythos card, then you draw the monsters that come out of the gate. Then you do monster movement. Do those monsters who just appeared move as well?

No. Only those that were previously on the board.

Quote:
Last question I think. A character has a sneak of 2. The monster's modifier is -2. They're gonna have to fight him right?

Yes and no. If they have at least 1 clue token, they may spend it to get 1 die per token they spend to evade the monster. Otherwise they have to fight.

Quote:
If a monster has physical immunity, does that mean you can't use ITEMS or you just can't attack them unless you're using a spell?

They may only be harmed by MAGICAL items/Spells, not by mundane (physical) items.

Quote:
This was a mini novel, thank you to the person who is answering this! (Or people)

You're welcome.

For more info, you might want to check out the arkham horror wiki.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
13. Specifically, Physical Immunity means that the combat bonus on a physical weapon drops to zero. You can use any other abilities on a physical weapon (Shotgun makes your 6s count twice; Bullwhip lets you re-roll a failed die; Sledgehammer drops the monster's toughness by 1).
And of course everything is susceptible to a good old fashioned punch in the throat - even if they just shrug off your FBG2000 and laugh in the face of your spell of total destruction Mwah Ha Ha Haaaaah! TM Odd isn't it? I use both fists with a Shotgun down my trouser leg and a Bullwhip up my sleeve and I can punch the good old Lloigor in the throat with just a few dice and there's a very good chance that I'll win. Weapon Immunity? Hooyah! Or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Engoduun wrote:
7. I'm very confused by the sky.
That's deep man. Really deep.

Quote:

They may only be harmed by MAGICAL items/Spells, not by mundane (physical) items.[/q]I can never resist mentioning that you can always resort to a good old fashioned punch in the throat. Resistant or Immune? Pshaw! Take that: Biff! Pow! Crunch! Kpow! Easy; who needs bonus dice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Whalen
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
The holy dove, she will be caught again.
badge
Bought and sold, and bought again. The dove is never free.
mbmbmbmbmb
Engoduun wrote:

Quote:

If the flying monster moves, and there is one or more investigators in a street area, it moves to the closest (from the "sky" field). If more than one share a distance, the players choose. Attack follows movement, or rather, the investigator may only move, he he evades that monster that just swooped down on him. Otherwise his movement ends and he must fight.

I thought a monster in the sky attacks the person in a street area with the lowest current sneak if there are two or more people in the street when a monster in the sky moves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
#YOLO!
mbmbmbmbmb
ldw3076 wrote:
Engoduun wrote:

Quote:

If the flying monster moves, and there is one or more investigators in a street area, it moves to the closest (from the "sky" field). If more than one share a distance, the players choose. Attack follows movement, or rather, the investigator may only move, he he evades that monster that just swooped down on him. Otherwise his movement ends and he must fight.

I thought a monster in the sky attacks the person in a street area with the lowest current sneak if there are two or more people in the street when a monster in the sky moves?

Right you are, my bad. I had only the last part of the following quote in my head.

Quote:
If there are two or more investigators in locations it could move to, it will move to the one with the lowest Sneak score. (No skill check is performed.) If there are two or more investigators with equal Sneak scores in locations it could move to, the first player must decide which location it will move to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
Engoduun wrote:

- draw one monster; add it to the outskirts, thereby reaching the monster limit in the outskirts so you put ALL of the monsters from the outskirts BACK into the cup
- raise the Terror level by 1 (only if you cleared the outskirts due to the limit)
- then draw the second monster and add it immediately to the outskirts (since Arkham is already full)

Just to be clear, you don't clear the outskirts and raise the threats because you hit the outskirts limit, but instead you did it because you we're about to add a new monster that would have increased the outskirts above that limit, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
Engoduun wrote:
WittyreaderLI wrote:

No. Only those that were previously on the board.

I believe this is not quite correct. Pages 9-12 of the rules very clearly lay out the order in which you resolve the different parts of a Mythos card.

Gate monsters are spawned before movement. However, any monsters that appear as result of the Mythos text do so after movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
Engoduun wrote:

Just to be clear, you don't clear the outskirts and raise the threats because you hit the outskirts limit, but instead you did it because you we're about to add a new monster that would have increased the outskirts above that limit, right?

Correct; if your Outskirts Limit is four, when you add the fifth monster, all five go back to the cup, the terror level goes up, and you continue adding monsters one by one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5. In addition, a monster in the Outskirts is discarded when a Gate is closed which has a symbol matching that of the monster. (p. 18)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee Incognito
Canada
flag msg tools
Sorry to jump in, but about that fly rule, i think there's something i'm missing too (and i feel it's the same that the thread starter, hence why ij jump in)!

If there's no investigators to fly on when a flying monster appears, it goes to the "sky" ... fine perfectly understood.

If i draw a Mythos card with the sign of the flying monster, does it appears back ONLY on the streets area it was when it went in the sky or anywhere on the board?

And if the flying monster win and send the investigator to the asylum/hospital, does it goes back to the sky right away or it stays there until his next movement phase where if there's no investigator around goes back to sky and it repeat it's cycle ?

Thanks for all the help, i'm new too to that game and this site helped me sooo much on my first games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Rules on how a Flying Monster Moves. Note that the base game explanation wasn't completely clear on the issue so the Dunwich Horror FAQ has clarrified it somewhat which is where this was taken from.

Quote:
The Sky and Flying Monsters
Q: Please clarify how flying monsters move.
A: Flying monsters move according to the following
rules:
1. Flying monsters only move when their symbol comes
up in the Mythos Phase, just like other monsters.
2. Flying monsters will not leave a space that already
contains an investigator.
3. When a flying monster in a street area or location
moves, it will either move to an adjacent street space
that has an investigator in it, or failing that, move to the
Sky.
4. When a flying monster in the Sky moves, it will move
to any street space on the board with an investigator in
it. If there’s more than one investigator to choose from,
the monster moves into the space of the investigator
with the lowest Sneak value. If the investigators’ Sneak
values are the same, the first player chooses which
investigator the monster moves toward, as usual. If there
are no investigators in a street space, the monster
remains in the Sky.

Just 1 small correction. Flying monsters also move if a gate burst occurs regardless if their symbol is called or not. Gate Burst are a mechanic first introduced in the expansions so if you just have the base game and are not familiar with the term you don't need to concern yourself with them just yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have overlooked that part about all flying monsters moving on any gate burst. Where in the rule book or F.A.Q. is that mentioned?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Stevens
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevin wrote:
I must have overlooked that part about all flying monsters moving on any gate burst. Where in the rule book or F.A.Q. is that mentioned?

Dunwich Horror rules pg. 6. There are no gate burst cards in the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:

8. Officially, if the clue appears during the Mythos phase, the investigator may immediately take it (that is, he does not have to place it into his space, and then forfeit his upcoming movement). There are a couple expansion effects that can place clues onto the board outside of the Mythos phase, and that's where the true schools of thought come into play: do you follow only what's been officially allowed, or do you extrapolate the Mythos phase ruling to other, similar situations?

10. No. An investigator who is knocked unconscious or driven insane gets no further encounters that turn. He will have to wait until next turn if he wishes to pay to restore his sanity/stamina.

8. This is one of the official rules I don't use. Another prime example of why the game routinely pounds me.

I don't like the idea of the investigator having an opportunity to get two clues at two different locations on one turn or grab the clue and enter a gate to seal.

10. Since I got Dunwich and Injury/madness, it's been a couple of years since I played with the original rules. I appreciate the correction; although, I think if the investigator is knocked out during movement/combat, he still has an Arkham encounters phase.

Like I say, it's been a while; so, it may be that he loses the rest of his turn.

13. The funny thing is, I use the re-roll provided by the bullwhip, but I don't use the sixes=two for a shotgun if the monster has physical immunity. I guess I'm looking it as a re-roll and not using the bullwhip.

To the OP: Hanging around Arkham forums, you'll see tons of house rules, official changes and variants. Arkham is a great game for all of those. Accept, reject or modify at your discretion, hopefully not to make it easier.

Brian

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
apatheticexecutioner wrote:

10. Since I got Dunwich and Injury/madness, it's been a couple of years since I played with the original rules. I appreciate the correction; although, I think if the investigator is knocked out during movement/combat, he still has an Arkham encounters phase.

Like I say, it's been a while; so, it may be that he loses the rest of his turn.

No offense man but if you are coming to a topic to answer a rules question for someone it is understandable that we all make mistakes and there will be times that we are certain of a rule, answer the question, and end up being corrected by someone (has happened to me several times).

However once someone brings it to your attention that your answer might be wrong you really shouldn't be defending your answer just because you think its right without checking the actual rules especially when the answer is very clearly stated.

Page 16 of the Base Game Rulebook

Quote:
Insane in Arkham
If an investigator is ever reduced to 0 Sanity while in
Arkham, the investigator is driven temporarily insane.
He must immediately choose and discard half of his
items and half of his Clue tokens (rounded down), along
with all retainers (if any). The player then immediately
moves his investigator to Arkham Asylum. The investigator
is restored to 1 Sanity, returning 1 Sanity token to
his investigator sheet, and has no further encounters this
turn
. The investigator may take his next turn as normal.

Unconscious in Arkham
If an investigator is ever reduced to 0 Stamina while in
Arkham, the investigator is knocked unconscious. He
must immediately choose and discard half of his items
and half of his Clue tokens (rounded down), along with
all retainers (if any). The player then immediately moves
his investigator to St. Mary’s Hospital. The investigator is
restored to 1 Stamina and has no further encounters this
turn
. The investigator may take his next turn as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:

8. This is one of the official rules I don't use. Another prime example of why the game routinely pounds me.

I don't like the idea of the investigator having an opportunity to get two clues at two different locations on one turn or grab the clue and enter a gate to seal.
So if you play it so that to pick up a Clue you have to end the Phase in the location of the Clue you should not have the problem. It completely blocks the possibility of "sweeping" Clues during movement. Are there any other "abuses" that you are worried about that it doesn't block?

Just to be clear, here's my house rule for picking up Clues: "at the end of each Phase that an Investigator is in the same location as a Clue Token(s), the Investigator may collect that Clue token(s)"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
kungfro wrote:

So if you play it so that to pick up a Clue you have to end the Phase in the location of the Clue you should not have the problem. It completely blocks the possibility of "sweeping" Clues during movement. Are there any other "abuses" that you are worried about that it doesn't block?

Just to be clear, here's my house rule for picking up Clues: "at the end of each Phase that an Investigator is in the same location as a Clue Token(s), the Investigator may collect that Clue token(s)"

As previously stated, there are many ways and various house rules to play on this particular rule. As a new player, I would naturally assume you are playing the base game without having added, or even even purchased for that matter, any expansions.

Taken from the actual base game rulebook:

Picking Up Clues
Any time an investigator ends his movement in a location
that contains Clue tokens, he may immediately take
any or all of those Clue tokens. The investigator may not
take any Clue tokens if he merely moves through the
location and then continues his movement: He must end
his movement
in the location containing the Clue tokens

So, going strictly by the base game rules, I interpret this to mean that you can either take the clue token on your next movement phase but do not get to actually move any spaces as you must END your movement on a space with a clue token, or go ahead and take your movement but you will not get to pick up the clue token.

This is how I and my fellow gamers play. But what makes this game great, as stated previously, is all the different variations you can decide to throw in. Just don't CHEAT!!! Cheaters never win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
However, it was later clarified by the designer that clues dropped onto investigators during the Mythos phase can be immediately taken. Thus it does not indicate so in the rules, but it is an official rule.

Actually, it is in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is true, however with all the corrections you see in the forums and various house rules and such, for a new player I find it much simpler to just go strictly by the rulebook to start off.

As you progress in your Arkham knowledge and passion for the game, you will most likely start delving deeper into these forums, the Arkham wiki, and all the other available sources to find the rest of the nuiances and various changes to incorporate.

That's why I had mentioned in the previous post that the excerpt was taken directly from the base game rulebook and going strictly by those rules.

To each his own I guess. Again, that's why I love this game so much. I think there's something new to learn and new ideas to take from other gamers every day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Stevens
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
However, it was later clarified by the designer that clues dropped onto investigators during the Mythos phase can be immediately taken. Thus it does not indicate so in the rules, but it is an official rule.

It does indicate in the rules that clues placed during the mythos phase on investigators can be picked up immediately.
pg 10 of rules:

2. Place Clue Token
Most mythos cards indicate a location where a Clue
token appears. Place a Clue token on the indicated location
unless there is an open gate there. If one or more
investigators are at that location, one of them (they
should decide among themselves) may immediately take
that Clue token.
If the players cannot agree on who gets
the Clue token, the first player decides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.