Popular Tags: [View All]
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone found a purple drawstring bag with about 100 purple poker chips in it with werewolf roles on it I would pay for shipping if you were willing to send them back to me. The chips didn't cost much but it took quite a bit of time and effort to turn them into werewolf roles so I thought I would see if anyone found them before spending the time to make another set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll pay for shipping them back to her and add 100 GG on top of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
But listen again. Is it really the wind, or is it the sound of somebody running one step ahead of the dark?
mbmbmbmbmb
I chipped in 5gg to the cause. I hope they're found and returned soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Call the hotel and ask for lost & found. I just called to get my left behind coat. They said they had about 30 items that had been turned in. They will ship with credit card info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twinge
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh no! I saw them, but unfortunately didn't grab them myself -- I wasn't sure who they actually belonged to or how I'd go about returning them in a timely manner, so opted to leave them alone hoping the owner would come back and snag 'em. I saw them on one of the tables right outside the elevators (next to the Leadership Wing entrance). Sorry I didn't grab them - hope they turn up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the GG reward is plenty high, so let me add this: I'll Paypal (or otherwise electronic-send) a $20 reward for the chips. They were awesome and meaningful to the WW community, and I'd hate to see them be lost forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
Call the hotel and ask for lost & found. I just called to get my left behind coat. They said they had about 30 items that had been turned in. They will ship with credit card info.

I tried them before I left the hotel but it won't hurt to try them again. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you jmilum, bluelise, and statsig! I really appreciate your reward offers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just double checked with security and they do not have it. He said most of the stuff found was in rooms and not in the main areas. He did take my name and number in case they turn up though.

Thank you everyone! I feel a little silly because they didn't cost much at all. But they are time and effort and most importantly now, lots of memories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Was this ever resolved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:
Was this ever resolved?

They weren't found but thats ok. Stuff happens. Just means I make another set!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blessed
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to say y'all are an amazing community meeple I mean, despite lynching each other & all! Sara, I'd love to sew you a new chipbag. GM me desired dimensions/fabric type & your addy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
United States
Centennial
Colorado (CO)
flag msg tools
badge
New Avatar! So much Excite! Photo credit to Debbie Ohi, who is Awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
Those were really great too. I hope they do get found and sent back to you. A very clever idea and well executed. I'm glad I came and joined in the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I got home from work today there was a box waiting for me. Inside it was-

along with a really nice note from
John McGeehan
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

These are not the original poker chips. These are chips Tarrant made to replace the ones that were lost. Not only that, he made an extra set just for 7/9/11 player games.

Tarrant in the note you told me that you didn't want my memories of BGG con spoiled with "but that was the year that this happened". I assure you my memories are anything but spoiled. I have many wonderful times hidden inside my head that I can bring out anytime I need some happy thoughts and you have just added one more to that supply.

You also said that you know there is no way these could replace ones that I put my own energy and time into making. You are right, these don't replace those. These chips surpass the originals. The original ones were my own time and effort and memories but they were just mine. This set is imbued with the friendship and caring you have shown by making them for me. They will still recall all of the memories that I had playing with everyone at the con. And because of those memories and that friendship they belong to all of the con wwers. I will make sure they show up next year and hopefully every year after that.

Thank you Tarrant. You are truly a great friend and I am so happy to be able to count you among mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twinge
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Glad this story has a happy ending afterall =) Hope I'll have a chance to go to BGG Con next year and use them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.