Popular Tags: [View All]
James Dalley
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got back from BGG.CON, and I had a blast. I played over twenty different games while I was there. There were only two that I played twice. The first one that I played twice was because the game only lasted about twenty minutes, the second was City Hall.

I first learned about City Hall at the Visible Hand Booth in the Exhibitor Hall. Michael said that he would be demoing it later that night, but I wasn't sure about it. Later that day, I came back to sign up for a session, and am I glad I did. About ten minutes into the game I fell in love with it.

City Hall is a role selection game where you are running for mayor of New York. There are seven different roles that you have to choose from, but unlike in Puerto Rico you aren't guaranteed the role if you pick it. Once you pick a roll everyone bids influence on it, and the high bidder wins.

The Seven Roles are:
Tax Assessor
Surveyor
Campaign Manager
Lobbyist
Zoning Board
Deputy Mayor
Health Commissioner

In City Hall you have to find the right balance of cash, influence, and valuable real estate to win you campaign for mayor. While doing your best to insure your opponents don't get to far ahead. However, even if you appear to be falling behind all is not lost. You could still win the election be receiving endorsements from special interest groups. There are nine total endorsements that you can receive for most factories, most houses, lowest approval rating (the independent voters), etc. These endorsements are not just the help pat you on your back they often decide the winner in close games.

I played the game once and as soon as I was done I went up to my hotel room and pledged my support for the kickstarter campaign. After that I watched another game, and then played once more. I love this game and can't wait to own a copy myself. So please help Michael and Visible Hand Games produce CITY HALL!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Carey
United States
Plymouth
Indiana
flag msg tools
Why are you looking at me? Go play something!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here just got back from Bgg. Demoed the game went back to my room and kick started the game. It's a great theme that works well in my group. I sure hope it gets made.

-chuck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.