Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Owen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried creating statistics for TIE Bombers? TIE Advanced Fighters could be used as proxy models until TIE Bombers are produced by FFG. TIE Bombers by Micro Machines and the WOTC Star Wars CMG could also be used.

According to the West End Games RPG books and technical books I read, TIE Bombers could be armed with concussion bombs and proton torpedoes. The TIE Fighter PC game could be helpful when generating ship statistics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel van der pol
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tie bombers are sturdier than Tie-Fighters, but don't have any shields. I would suggest hull 4 or 5. Tie bombers have the same weapons as a Tie-Fighter, so its attack should be 2. Due to its lack of agility, its defense should also be no higher than 2, possibly even 1. Tie Bombers are slow turners, so the maneuvers dial should not be as good as the tie-fighter or tie-advanced. Finally, Tie-Bombers can be equipped with concussion missiles or proton torpedoes; possibly even with rockets.

Attack: 2
Agility: 2
Hull: 5
Shields: 0

Don't know about point values though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's rather unfortunate that FFG Decided to descriminate the missile platforms because TIE Bombers could be versatile delivery trucks. In at least one mission they were pressed into the role of a defense unit as a concussion-missile carrier. Coupled with a reload craft they could make life difficult for rebel starfighters.

I would personally expect them to have 2-3 torpedo slots. Depending on how well the modifications cards are received, they might have a mod card that switches their torpedo slots to missile slots so they can carry different kinds of armament.

Proton bombs are also a possibility but I very much doubt they would be seriously included unless rules were created for capital ships and space installations. Or maybe for terrain clearance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zach hacz
United States
ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
I learnd the art of sudection from James Brown in a hot tub.
mbmbmbmbmb

Here is a quick card I did with the card generator at http://home.comcast.net/~jason.fuller/cardGenerator.html . Someone can probably make something way better but it gets the ball rolling.
The tie bombers hull was rated stronger then a y-wing hence its high hull value, but was slower and probably less maneuverable then its alliance counterpart so would a terrible dial with 3 straight possible being its highest straight it can do. it would be cool if they could work in bombing rules into the rules somehow for it and the y-wing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping to see TIE bombers in expansion 3, with B-Wings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
I'm hoping to see TIE bombers in expansion 3, with B-Wings.

Me too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Simmons
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
I'd love to see more ships introduced in the expansions outside of just 5 ships. Personally, I'd love to see the Outrider as well (Dash Rendar's ship) and more bounty ships as well. Phase 3 should also introduce 1 large ship for each side as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.