Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pi-Shu
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I finished going through the counter errata paperwork download from GMT and the C3i24 magazine and went through them as much as I could and have a few more questions that hopefully we can all get an answer to. This particular set of questions is for the German counters. Thank you in advance!

d10-1
Counter German: SS Abt101 170

new counter: *the new replacement counter has a range of 30

old counter: *the old counter has a range of 25

THOUGHT: **Assumption on my end is that the new counter is correct even though it wasn't listed as a correction (correction was for arrival date).

d10-2 TWO COUNTERS here - same issue.
Counter German: 200/21Pz and II/17SS Artillery

errata information only - no new counter given

errata: *says change movement from 6 TO 8 and it is not motorized.

counter: *has a silhouette of a Hummel if I recall. Why wouldn't this be motorized similar to units such as the priest from the US etc? I can rationalize any which way on any of this - this is more of a question as to why and if it is correct or not.

THOUGHT: **Is this supposed to be just an Artillery Battalion and the "Hummel" silhouette is incorrect?

d10-3
Counter German: 763 Abt

errata information indicates that this was for entry date but has discrepancies not addressed in errata:

new counter: *range of the unit is 30; stacking on reverse of counter is 3

old counter: *range of the unit is 25; stacking on reverse of counter is 2

THOUGHT: the range of 30 on the new counter is correct AND the stacking limit on the reverse of the old counter is correct.

Any insight or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Dave,

The fixed counters are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bukata
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pi-Shu
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan,

thank you! I am sure I will have a few more errata counter questions and some other stuff as the campaign unfolds.

BTW: I really like this game as do a couple of others I have been playing with. Nice job!

-dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedropollo
msg tools
Hi Danny,

I just purchased BfN in a store in Oz. there was no errata info sheet...does it mean i purchased a copy which was corrected before making it out of the GMT offices?

If not, where can i get the errata counters from?

Cheers

Pierre

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bukata
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pi-Shu
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Pierre,

The errata counters were in C3i magazine # 24. Here is a link to GMT site where ti is still available:

https://www.gmtgames.com/p-311-c3i-magazine-issue-24.aspx

At least one of the counters was wrong from what I remember - I think it was the US Tank Destroyer Battalion counter that I mentioned earlier - Id have to look it up to be specific.

Also the errata sheet listed some counters that did not match up with the errata counter list that came with the C3i #24 magazine.

The errata sheet is here on the BGG I think in the file section but can also be found at the "Living Rules" section of the GMT site, link here:

https://www.gmtgames.com/t-GMTLivingRules.aspx

If you cant get the errata counters it would be a bummer -BUT it isnt a game or deal breaker. You can fix some of the counters yourself and make a mark on the counters that you cant really fix with the mark denoting that there is some sort of errata that needs to be looked up.

I also think the errata counters or at least I am hoping so that they will be in the expansion (hoping - maybe Danny can clarify if this will be a reality!).

Hope that helps!
-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

David,

Yes, pretty much.

It's been awhile since I submitted the counter sheets. I had some extra space on the expansion sheets and errata counters from the original are definitely in there. If I remember correctly, I believe not all of them could fit but I was able to get the ones that make a difference. That is, combat or movement values etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedropollo
msg tools
Thanks David.

I ll learn the rules first and will then check all that.

Cheers

P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Coleman
United States
Geismar
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The orginal counter representing the M-18 'Hellcat' TDs of the 705/VII 7-4-6 had the J12 entry date with three white dots and the errata counter had the J17 entry date but the dots were black (should have been white).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.