Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Target killed & 1 VP awarded if attacker's hits exceed defender's by more than Battle Rating of target (assume Elizabeth has 2 Battle Rating); either way defender discards random card.

Does this mean that;

the attacker's hits must exceed defender's by more than Battle Rating of target to kill him

or

the attacker's hits must exceed defender's by more than one to kill him and 1 VP awarded if they exceed the Battle Rating of target?

Philip

PS I read it as;

Target killed

&

1 VP awarded if attacker's hits exceed defender's by more than Battle Rating of target (assume Elizabeth has 2 Battle Rating); either way defender discards random card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Goldfarb Styrt
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read it the other way; it would be "Target killed and defender discards a random card. 1 VP awarded if..." if both the killing and the discarding a card were unconditional. There's no reason to put the killing and the discarding at different places with the other conditional in the middle if they have the same trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Philip Goldfarb (two Phils! ).

VQ Reference card wrote:
Target killed & 1 VP awarded if attacker's hits exceed defender's by more than Battle Rating of target (assume Elizabeth has 2 Battle Rating); either way defender discards random card.

Let's look at it backwards:

If the attacker scores two or more hits than the defender's roll, the defender always discards a card. Also if the attacker scores more hits than the defender's roll, with a net amount of hits greater than the BR of the target (or two for Elizabeth) they kill them and receive 1 VP. It is important to note that the killing of the target and the VP award are tied together.

This means that two attacker hits more than the defender's roll will always kill a general with a BR of 0 or 1. Three, or more attacker hits more than the defender's roll are required to kill a general with a BR of 2 or Elizabeth. This is sort of a similar procedure to debates in HIS (ex: if you get two net hits against a level 2 debater, you don't burn/disgrace them).

Does that make sense?

EDIT: Added more to clarify what I was saying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SW_Cygnus wrote:
If the attacker scores two or more hits...

if the attacker scores more hits than the BR of the target (or two for Elizabeth)...

This means that two hits will always kill a general with a BR of 0 or 1.

Three, or more hits are required to kill a general with a BR of 2 or Elizabeth.

In all of these cases, it's not sufficiently clear that you mean to reference the amount by which the number of attacker hits exceeds defender hits.

Quote:
This is sort of a similar procedure to debates in HIS (ex: if you get two net hits against a level 2 debater, you don't burn/disgrace them).

This part is right on the money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point Joel, I will edit my post.

Is that better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.