Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noticed there was a solo variant in the rules and wondered if anyone had played it and if it was any good as a solo game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I played it once, and won due to the engine playing a lot of orange cards and giving me a lot of outrage.

Very enjoyable and great way to learn the game, the jury is still out on replayability solo though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
How sticky is your ZOC?
mbmbmbmbmb
due to the nature of the game it is less of an option to play solo with just three or four factions, the way I usually play Bios: Megafauna or Origins, but it might be worth it..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it twice and it's good enough. There are other solo games I'd reach for first, but as far as portability, it's hard to beat. The game itself is mildly interesting. Since I haven't played a multi-player game yet, I can't compare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
It's good, generally interesting and sometimes tense. As good as most solo experiences are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
I've played it twice and it's good enough. There are other solo games I'd reach for first, but as far as portability, it's hard to beat. The game itself is mildly interesting. Since I haven't played a multi-player game yet, I can't compare.

This fits exactly with my experience with the solo game: 'good enough' and 'mildly interesting.' There's not really any way to lose, so it feels a little too easy to pick a single kind of prestige, grab 3-4 points, and wait for a Topple. Great way to get a handle on (most of) the mechanics of the game, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JazzFish wrote:
Butterfly0038 wrote:

This fits exactly with my experience with the solo game: 'good enough' and 'mildly interesting.' There's not really any way to lose, so it feels a little too easy to pick a single kind of prestige, grab 3-4 points, and wait for a Topple. Great way to get a handle on (most of) the mechanics of the game, though.

When playing solo, if you fail the 4 topplings you lose. There is no gold tie breaker. But I agree it is fairly easy to win picking on a single kind of prestige.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Logan
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a way to learn the rules and Grok the game, I just played a two player game solo. I enjoyed it as a learning experience. It also helps you hone in on your split personality .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.