Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if DOW will do the free game again this year. I really enjoyed getting Cargo Noir last year and I'm holding off on some purchases in the hope that they'll do that deal again. If not, I'll get my items somewhere else for a better price, but free games can't be beat.

Anyone know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be nice ... naturally.

Sadly I had no interest in Cargo Noir last year, so I passed.

Still not much interest in that game, but it would be nice to see a similar offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kinsley
Australia
Kenthurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Chosen by Danny Henning (dan_hnnng) As a consolation prize with the highest tip of 280.00 from my G4GG giveaway getting to choose my avatar for 280 days - till 7/10/2013
mbmbmbmbmb
Would have gladly taken up that offer last year had I known it existed as I bought Cargo Noir a couple of weeks ago now...

Sadly I assume this generosity would not cover postage so this would essentially make whatever game they did cost about as much money as it does to buy from a store here as postage costs are quite high to Aus...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kinsley
Australia
Kenthurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Chosen by Danny Henning (dan_hnnng) As a consolation prize with the highest tip of 280.00 from my G4GG giveaway getting to choose my avatar for 280 days - till 7/10/2013
mbmbmbmbmb
actually... not that bad, I seem to remember it being higher last time I checked, and may be different for each game, but this was postage cost on TTR THE HEART OF AFRICA...

USPS Priority Mail - Aust/NZ/Japan - No Tracking $26.01
USPS 1st Class Mail - Aust/NZ/Japan - No Tracking $15.41

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really didn't have any interest in it either, but bit anyway. It took a long time for me to get it to the table, but my daughter kept requesting to play it, so we eventually did. The game is enjoyable enough for me to play if it just happens to come out. She, on the other hand, loves it. I can't really put a price on my little girl finding interest in a bidding game.

ejtracer wrote:
That would be nice ... naturally.

Sadly I had no interest in Cargo Noir last year, so I passed.

Still not much interest in that game, but it would be nice to see a similar offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved Cargo Noir! We bought it with Small World last year and got Cargo Noir for free. I must admit that for the last six months both games have not been played at all, I'm afraid.

The only 'new' games they had this fall were reprints, I think, so they might give one of those away this year if they decide to do the same thing as last year...

Does anyone know if they also did it at the end of previous years, before 2011?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
Does anyone know if they also did it at the end of previous years, before 2011?

IIRC, it was Ticket to Ride: Märklin in 2010.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just scared they might do Mystery Of The Abbey or Pirate's Cove this year, as I just bought these at Essen last month....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simmmons27 wrote:
Pirate's Cove was 2010. I think Marklin was 2009 though I don't have the email anymore. The sale email tended to arrive November ~18th so now's the time they'll be letting us know.

Well, as far as I know, there has been a reprint in September 2012. My box says 2012 as well. meeple

EDIT: Thought you meant the game was released 2010... Probably was...nevermind...my mistake...meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simmmons27 wrote:
Pirate's Cove was 2010. I think Marklin was 2009 though I don't have the email anymore. The sale email tended to arrive November ~18th so now's the time they'll be letting us know.

2009? Has it been that long? Where's the I'm-getting-old emoticon when you need it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Mendenhall
United States
Mt Pleasant,
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2010 was Pirate's Cove.

I sure hope they do something this year. I was looking forward to it. Here's hoping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No news yet, right? cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kinsley
Australia
Kenthurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nope?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.