finbar taub
United States
san diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello! So ive set up a game night at the Fern Street Cafe at 1947 Fern Street, at the corner of Grape and Fern. That's on the main drag of South Park. Start at 5, play till close (or whenever...). Set for Wednesday, November 28th.

This is the first one ive set up there, but im hoping there will be enough interest to have it every Wednesday night. The place is cool - with coffee, snacks, sandwiches, salads, soups, healthy juices, etc. And it's in a really awesome area of San Diego.

Ive printed flyers and will tell the game meet ups and game store peeps about it too. If anyone has any suggestions on how else I could advertise (for free) to get more people stoked about it - please let me know.

Ill bring a ton of games, and also a crokinole board, which is really fun. Please bring some of your favorites if you want, and tell your friends! So if you're in San Diego, help out a fellow gamer and come have some strategic fun.

BTW - my name is Fin - some of you might know me from Empire Games tuesday nights -

thank you all so much!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Join the new guild and post there, too.

San Diego
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mann
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Curse your sudden but inevitable action denial!
mbmbmbmbmb
Went ahead and posted it here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/886128/south-park-game-night

Also shameless plug for any lurkers, join & sub the SD Guild so you can be aware of all regular and one-off events as well as some helpful features:

http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/1449

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Salamon
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
When did this overtext thing happen? Am I supposed to think of something clever to put here?
mbmbmbmbmb
slogosh wrote:
Hello! So ive set up a game night at the Fern Street Cafe at 1947 Fern Street, at the corner of Grape and Fern. That's on the main drag of South Park. Start at 5, play till close (or whenever...). Set for Wednesday, November 28th.

So, how late is closing time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
slogosh wrote:

When's close? What kind of cafe is it? Why can't I use google myself?

slogosh wrote:

Ill bring a ton of games, and also a crokinole board, which is really fun. Please bring some of your favorites if you want, and tell your friends!

I was going to ask what kind of games you're expecting to play, since you are apparently advertising this... somewhere. But I see you've listed them on the flyer. Are you bringing those games? That seems like an advanced bunch of games to begin with (though I'm not complaining about that selection).

slogosh wrote:

BTW - my name is Fin - some of you might know me from Empire Games tuesday nights -

Oh, pffft. I know you!

*edit* A+ for the effort, btw. I'm skeptical, but well done nonetheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
finbar taub
United States
san diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey Scott! (and others). So, they usually close at 8:30, but they told me they are willing to stay open if there are peeps there later (drinkin coffee, etc.)

The cafe is clean, with lots of cool juices and coffee, and sandwiches, salads, etc. Also on sale are snacks and theres a big drink cooler. and tables that can be put together for bigger games.

The selection on the flyer are some of the games im bringing. I just wanted to list some, so that peeps can get the idea of what types of games will be available. Interesting that you thought they were advanced, as I purposely listed Ticket to Ride and Catan on top, along with Dominion and 7 Wonders. Also listed the deeper stuff like Agricola and Castles, because weightier games will be played too for sure. So really - any type of game can be played there - whatever anyone wants - like at Empire.

You should come - your presence would make it official.

and ill buy you a drink if you can guess what game the cartoon people on the flyer are playing -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.