Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Trajan» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Two wild construction tokens allow me to collect two sets of 20 VP each rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norbert Chan
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Wow, so this is what you get for 100 pieces of gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Player order was Don, Jean and myself. Don seeded himself with these Trajan tiles: 9 VP, double construction worker and +2 token. Jean chose one army worker, bread and one construction worker. I chose bread, one in army and one in construction. Don was seeded with the bonus tile that gives 1 VP per worker in construction. Jean had the bonus tile that gives # VP for other face up bonus tiles, I got the 9 VP for religion bonus tile.

Looking at the construction, I saw an ideal spot on the second row, fourth column.
(Sorry the sun was interfering with the picture, but I had to sit in the glare at the top of the board.)
There was a 2VP window there, on top was a 5 VP window, and in the corner was a 4 VP window, so I thought if I took the 2 VP tile, that would allow me to corner the market on windows. My first turn was to place exactly there, and imagine my surprise when Don responded by placing a worker in the first row, fourth column! Don was basing his play on his bonus tile, and he saw the 5 VP window as the tile he wanted. So my plan B was to start collecting steps, moving over to the left on the same row, and keeping Don temporarily locked on the first row. The senate was hotly contested, with Jean winning the first bonus tile, and Don was second.In the army area, I got off to the prime middle first, but Jean followed me in that area (esentially wasting a turn), but was later in the game able to get to the target rich areas before me. The people were demanding two religion, and only Jean was able to get the required religion and denying us.

Scores: Don 44 (-4 for people's demands), Jean 25, Norbert 23 (-4 for people's demands).

2nd quarter: It was here that the two wild card construction tokens showed up (one was in the army area, the other in the forum). I was able to get the first one pretty easily, and when my turn came around, the second one was still available, and I was able to snap it up. The people were demanding 2 religion again, and I only had bread and gladiators. Don and I were focusing our attention on the construction. He got a +2 counter and an extra construction tile action to do three actions in there, while I had to do my actions the hard way. I was collecting steps, since Don had sanpped up windows.

Scores: Don 63 (-9 for people's demand), Jean 52, Norbert 29 (-9 for people's demands).

3rd quarter: I had collected 2 steps and 2 windows, and with my 2 wild construction tokens, I had 20 VPs worths of sets. I spent my time collecting the last two steps to have 4 steps and the 2 windows with the 2 wild construction tokens now gave me two sets of 20 VPs each. The people were demanding bread, and this quarter I was able to fulfill the people's demands.

Scores: Don 84 (-4 for people's demand), Jean 67 (-4 for people's demand), Norbert 46

4th quarter: The people were demanding 2 gladiators, and I had to scramble to get two gladiator tokens. One of my bonus tiles (albeit second place, thus flipped over) was 6 VPs for a gladiator token, but there were no more gladiator tokens left on the board. I had shipped a pair of good to match another second place bonus tile for 8 VPs, and I had a religion token for 9 VPs. Jean had won a bunch of first place tiles getting the most bonus but not enough to catch me.

Scores: Norbert 141 (83 on board, 1 misc, 40 sets, 17 bonus),
Jean 128 (104 on board -4 for people's demand on last quarter, 24 bonus),
123 (98 on board), 10 sets, 15 bonus).

The ending position. I am brown, Jean is blue and Don is green. Don and I competed heavily in the construction, but he was kept to the outside to only collect a set of 10 VPs. The army area was equally contested by all of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Shakespeare
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+thumbsup just for the first picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.