Popular Tags: [View All]
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had limied time and energy today to shop for and prepare my work lunches for this week. So I pulled this out of the air. I could have made it much more fancy and complicated but I just didn't have it in me.

Spicy chicken tender burrito:

Main filling:
A lot of Chicken Tenders
1 huge Green Pepper
1 huge Red Pepper
1 giant Oinion
Mushrooms
Chili Powder

I dry rubbed the tenders with the chili powder and let them sit for a couple hours. I sliced up the veggies and sprinkled them with the chili powder too. I heated up my dutch oven and added a little olive oil. After the oil got hot I added the chicken and sauteed it until it was all seared. I then added the veggies stirred it about a little and covered. I would open the dutch oven every now and then and stir everything into the sauce forming at the bottom from all the steam and juices from the veggies. When it was just about done I cheated to make a sauce and sprinkled "wondra" flour into the dutch oven and keep stirring until it thickend and clung to the indredients.

For my other filling I used the same lime rice and pinto beans I used last week. When I made the rice last week I made a ton of it. All of it that I did not use in last weeks burritos, I vacume sealed in a bag and froze it. I reheated it today my placing the bag in a pot of boiling water.

I layed a layer of cheese, rice, cholua chipotle hot sauce, chicken and veggies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No matter how good it looks, I am not eating meat.

And this looks good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had a big dinner a few hours ago.

And this post still made me hungry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.