Popular Tags: [View All]
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What on earth were they thinking here?! Only a child or otherwise tiny-handed person can actually fit their hand in this bag! Anyone else have the same issue or did I get a defective - or different- bag?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All are made that way. Designer stated something about this being intentional but he may have been joking... I replaced my bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cassola
Italy
Piacenza
PC
flag msg tools
Power player
badge
http://www.orizzonteventi.org
mbmbmbmbmb
At Essen I was told this was a mistake by the printing company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
The bag is somewhat smaller than I'd expected...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bag was a surprise to begin with but I've got used to it now. I just slide the cubes to the front of the bag and tip the required number into my hand, it usually works

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tonyboydell wrote:

While there are lots of aspects of games that I'd have no problem blaming on a designer, this certainly is not one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
All are made that way. Designer stated something about this being intentional but he may have been joking... I replaced my bag.

TBH, even I'm not sure when I'm joking anymore...in this life you've got to laugh otherwise you'll cry shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Law
Denmark
Kolding
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree... To it all robot

tonyboydell wrote:
larryjrice wrote:

TBH, even I'm not sure when I'm joking anymore...in this life you've got to laugh otherwise you'll cry shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
tonyboydell wrote:
Tony, there's no need to beat yourself up over this any more. I am delighted with my Snowdonia, and its bag.

To all you disappointed (short-fingered) gamers, go and get a needle and thread; your grief will soon be at an end:
Turn the bag inside out. Fold up the bottom end about 2cm, then over again and again and again. Your bag will now be about 8cm shorter than it was to begin with. Secure the modification by stitching right through the rolled up bit (at both ends and in the middle). Turn the bag the right way round, and admire your work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
tonyboydell wrote:
The bag is actually larger than necessary. It's too deep, (see remedy above).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:
tonyboydell wrote:
The bag is somewhat smaller than I'd expected...:(

Hmm... I don't mind the depth. For me the real problem is the width. And I don't have particularly big hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
fardoche wrote:
Highland Cow wrote:
tonyboydell wrote:

Hmm... I don't mind the depth. For me the real problem is the width. And I don't have particularly big hands.
Well ok, if that's your bag.

But any lingering doubters could at least trial my suggestion by paperclipping or stapling the modification. This is obviously reversible if you still don't like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Pettitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I solved this by only playing it with small handed players, and getting them to do the cube drawing, as my hands are way too big to fit in it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mpettitt wrote:
I solved this by only playing it with small handed players, and getting them to do the cube drawing, as my hands are way too big to fit in it!

I have the hands of a large child, or a petite woman. Still had issues reaching in. If it had been my copy of the game, I'd buy a new bag. Which remind me that the copy of Ra I got recently didn't come with a bag, so that's 2 bags - also, I think I probably would have bought Castles of Burgundy (I can't imagine an alternate dimension where I had somehow already gotten a copy of Snowdonia but hadn't been willing to splurge a little on a game I love like Burgen Burgund), so I should probably pick up a set of color-coded felt bags for that while I'm buying bags in this hypothetical scenario.

I guess as it stands, I just need 1 bag, for Ra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Aren't you glad I'm not the pied piper?
badge
I should be able to get a good grip on my Elephant when it arrives!
mbmbmbmbmb
tonyboydell wrote:

I've found a replacement for all my games now. I like cashews, so I've taken a plastic cashew canister and spray painted it black. Right now it is matte black, but I will eventually paint it shiny black and put some fun stickers on it. It's big enough to pull tiles, cubes, or whatever from. I got where I like it so much that I don't even use the bigger bags that come with some of the other games. I have sort of large hands, so the cashew canister works perfectly. Now if I can find some Social Distortion band stickers to put on it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.