Jonathan Kandell
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it contain the same number of components and parts without having to modify the original game if one wanted to go that way?

In other words, is the choice Regular + Plot (2nd Gen) or Regular + Roles (Avalon)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jkandell wrote:
Does it contain the same number of components and parts without having to modify the original game if one wanted to go that way?

In other words, is the choice Regular + Plot (2nd Gen) or Regular + Roles (Avalon)?

Yes. Just don't use Merlin or the Assassin with their special abilities. it is the same game otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe a 9-10 player game requires you to include named role cards in order to have enough to go around, but that just requires you to ignore the associated special rules. Or use Mordred/Assassin and Percival - without Merlin, their special powers have no effect...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narek Der-Sahakian
United States
Montrose
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes and no.

Yes - you can play base Resistance with the components of Avalon (with the caveat listed above that you must ignore roles with 9 or 10 people which isn't a big deal at all) but the plot cards are NOT included with Avalon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
narek23 wrote:
but the plot cards are NOT included with Avalon.

Correct me if I am wrong but "1st gen Resistance" did not include plot cards. Of course, depends if by "1st gen" you mean the print and play or the first printing by Indie Boards and Games.

Regardless, in it is most basic configuration, you can play Avalon as if it were standard Resistance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
narek23 wrote:
Yes and no.

Yes - you can play base Resistance with the components of Avalon (with the caveat listed above that you must ignore roles with 9 or 10 people which isn't a big deal at all) but the plot cards are NOT included with Avalon.

A set of plot cards is $5 at the BGG store.

http://store.boardgamegeek.com/component/virtuemart/?page=sh...

http://snipurl.com/25qdivh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narek Der-Sahakian
United States
Montrose
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
narek23 wrote:
but the plot cards are NOT included with Avalon.

Correct me if I am wrong but "1st gen Resistance" did not include plot cards. Of course, depends if by "1st gen" you mean the print and play or the first printing by Indie Boards and Games.

Regardless, in it is most basic configuration, you can play Avalon as if it were standard Resistance.

True, I didn't think about it that way because I got into the Resistance when the first gen box already included plot cards. However, at this point you can't buy a version of the original Resistance without plot cards. You can either buy The Resistance with plot cards included or Avalon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.