Popular Tags: [View All]
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all. I've had my eye on the Nightfall card sets for awhile and ended up winning The Coldest War in a game store charity raffle. If I was just going to get one other set to add on which one would everyone suggest? I was leaning towards Blood Country just to have a fun eastern europe vs. US deep south vibe going on (plus it's not a standalone set so no extra wounds or starting minions to worry about).

But I'd love a more informed opinion so please fire away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picking just one is so hard for me. I have to own them all.

I like the original set as it has so many classic cards and really fleshes out the base abilities of the game. Especially if you want to keep it simple the initial game is best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
If you only own Coldest War, I would go for either the base game or Martial Law so that you can make custom starter decks. If you don't care about that, then it depends on what you're after: Blood Country = goofy southern theme; Dark Rages = avatars; Crimson Siege = the new summon mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the various opinions. I've played this a handful of times now as a standalone game and I do feel like adding anything other than the base game would be throwing complexity on top of complexity. My sense is that the base Nightfall game is the 'purest' experience (no 'feed', no 'combat' effects, etc) so I do think that would make the best combo with the Coldest War set at least until we get a lot more familiar with all the cards. Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.