Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chadwick VonVeederVeld
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When recording a play, you have the option to add a player...one of the fields that you can enter data in, is "rating"

I've done a search for this, but have come up rather empty...

some believe that this is to record peoples rating of the game or game experience...

my first inclination was that it was to record a ranking amongst your gaming group...

does anyone use this feature, and if so how do you use it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
β€œIt's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I misuse it.

I enter the final rank of the players there. I have no idea what the original meaning of this field was ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think that it can be used for anything but that it was meant for chess ratings and similar systems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I've never used it, and I had vaguely wondered about it as well...

I'd never heard of chess ratings before now either!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Burzum wrote:
I think that it can be used for anything but that it was meant for chess ratings and similar systems.

Ah, I hadn't thought of that.

I had just started to use it to record everyone's rating of the game (from 1 to 10), but I think I'll abort that. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico
Italy
Val di Non
Trentino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
I think I misuse it.

I enter the final rank of the players there. I have no idea what the original meaning of this field was ...

Curious, I misuse it in a different way: as all games with a rating come from an online server, I use the rating just before the game ended (which sometimes is not the rating at the beginning, as you might have started and/or finished other games in the meantime).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
peakhope wrote:
Burzum wrote:

Ah, I hadn't thought of that.

I had just started to use it to record everyone's rating of the game (from 1 to 10), but I think I'll abort that. meeple

Why? Use it however you like. The BGG Police aren't going to come round your house and give you a kicking for Doing It Wrong!

I'd say this is actually the most logical use of it, and something that might in fact be vaguely useful, at least to yourself (see which of your gaming buddies like which games so you know what they're likely to want to play) if not to others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course it wouldn't be the BGG police. Enforcement would be handled by something more...sinister...sauron

The couple times I have tried to get people to rate the game, it hasn't been all that successful. People are reluctant to give a rating, and if they do, their criteria might be very different from me or other players.

I'll contemplate continuing my experiment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.