Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
The focus of our series is to teach you how to play a game and then show it played so you can decide for yourself if the game would be a good fit for you.

We also try to involve our viewers in the play through, so you can help us make decisions between episodes.

If you want to see any of our past videos, you can easily check out our Geeklist: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/85392/watch-it-played-vide...

We'd love to have you along for the ride for this play through as well!

Video 01 - How To Play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRs_ShVTM5Y
Video 02 - A Mastermind And His Scheme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0_KTmszJ0A
Video 03 - Gameplay Begins - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpEki-Zu_II
Video 04 - Too Many Villains! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2h3CeLyktI
Video 05 - Turning The Corner... Into Another Corner! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBuDPAMZPTw
Video 06 - Where Legends Are Born - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5hLWjEow0E

Consider subscribing to our channel so that you will know when new episodes are released - I will try to announce new episodes in this thread, but the new videos will likely appear on my channel, before I get a chance to post about them here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watched my favorite WiP vid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic! Thank you for putting this together, I love these videos!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kindt
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice video! Many thanks. I now have a very clear idea what this game is all about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bkindt wrote:
Very nice video! Many thanks. I now have a very clear idea what this game is all about.

Excellent - that's what I was hoping for. Thanks for the kind feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you! other videos I watched didn't explain things well and I lost interest. however your video made everything crystal clear (as always). This game went from pass to gotta have it, pretty much now :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J W
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
SeerMagic wrote:
This game went from pass to gotta have it, pretty much now

no kidding, lol. Rodney Smith has sold me 2 games already!
Pelvidar, you should get a cut. lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Hasson
United Kingdom
Derry
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BGNoob wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
This game went from pass to gotta have it, pretty much now

no kidding, lol. Rodney Smith has sold me 2 games already!
Pelvidar, you should get a cut. lol

I agree. I've beem sold at least 2 by Rodney and I'm pretty sure there's several more on my want it list because of him. I'm not sure my wife's that please with the damage it's doing to our bank balance though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Episode 2 has been added to the OP above (surprise visitor shows up... strange).

The first game play episode should be up Friday or Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First Game play episode is up in the OP, and although I will update the OP when the series is over, I won't be updating it with each episode as we go, so subscribe to our channel if you want to stay up to date as things go live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks!

Edit: Cool move with the pop-up cards. Just to note, I like the way you ended this, with you playing for a while and then asking about the next move to take only at the end of the episode. I absolutely love what you do for your fans, but the Mice & Mystics playthrough felt like it was moving through tar it was so slow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
Awesome, thanks!

Edit: Cool move with the pop-up cards. Just to note, I like the way you ended this, with you playing for a while and then asking about the next move to take only at the end of the episode. I absolutely love what you do for your fans, but the Mice & Mystics playthrough felt like it was moving through tar it was so slow.

Glad you liked it. It's the nature of the different games. They'll all have a different kind of pace which will appeal to different kinds of gamers. I enjoy doing different games for this reason, it helps spread out what will appeal to different kinds of viewers. Hopefully if we lose someone in one game, they might come back for a different one.

Hoping to get another episode recorded on Sunday and see if we can exercise some RVM (Responsible Villain Management).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I understand. Like I said, I think it's awesome what you do for your fans, so keep up the great work !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
Yeah, I understand. Like I said, I think it's awesome what you do for your fans, so keep up the great work !

Thanks Very nice of you to say!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowie Tsang
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As usual your video is awesome!
I think you can do even more turns in one episode though, because as a deckbuilder the player's move is really obvious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kampfer wrote:
As usual your video is awesome!
I think you can do even more turns in one episode though, because as a deckbuilder the player's move is really obvious.

Thanks Bowie!

Actually, the reason we end an episode at a certain point has to do with the length of time it takes to record and edit. It usually doesn't have much to do with the game at all

And then we also have to keep in mind the final legnth of episode we are shooting for (usually under 15 minutes).

The next episode is uploading as we speak. Assuming our editors find no errors, it'll be posted later tonight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowie Tsang
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome! BTW, are you planning on doing a bloodbowl playthrough in the future? I am a fan of the computer game, but it is awfully tough to find face-to-face opponent as it requires a huge investment of time and money, especially since I do not live in the US(I think I am the only pin on Hong Kong on your map).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kampfer wrote:
That's awesome! BTW, are you planning on doing a bloodbowl playthrough in the future? I am a fan of the computer game, but it is awfully tough to find face-to-face opponent as it requires a huge investment of time and money, especially since I do not live in the US(I think I am the only pin on Hong Kong on your map).

At this point I'm not sure. I don't know how to play myself yet, although I hope to learn.

I will cover miniatures games on my show, but I may pick some ones that are a little cheaper and more readily available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Put the rest of the episodes into the OP. Hope this gave a good idea for how the game works.

Until the next series, keep your capes tucked in and your masks on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Downs
United States
Palm Desert
California
flag msg tools
Went and picked it up today thanks to your WiP. I love your show, but ho boy does my wallet hate it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies to your wallet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.